• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Who would help me from the start with overclocking my FX 8350.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok guys

Almost hit 20 Min prime test, but it seems that the temparatures couldnt hold it, so i quit prime.:bang head
I stop testing and waiting for the profs for asking why the package temparatures are so high, i cant understand.

Hihi wake up guys :rofl:

Oldie

Attachments

• 4600.jpg
    4600.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 266
My every day speed is 4.64 G I have my LLC set to ultra and Vcore at 1.45 but when under load it hits 1.474. So it's a really big jump for the next step.

My wife and I were in Amsterdam 6 yrs ago. We have relatives in the Koln area in Germany and needed a break. So we took the train for a couple days had a real blast there.
What are you setting at LLC NB ?

oldie

You might just be reaching the limits of your cooler. Last night was probably cooler in your room than it is now in the middle of the day. Either that or your fans aren't running at max.

Last edited:
1.428 is not to bad.
I think johan is on the right track with both ideas.
what is your cpu/nb voltage?
what is your cpu/nb llc?

another thing that comes to mind is that he might have some how changed the test from blend to small FFT.
I use blend for system testing and small FFT for cooling system testing.

No not bad at all just the temps are getting to be an issue. I see you have lot's of fans oldie but how are they set up? Do you have 2 in front pulling cool air in with the 2 up top and rear fan pushing hot air out.? The side mounts aren't necessary and can actually disrupt airflow in some cases.
Looks like it was the NB or the ram at the higher bus speed that was the problem. But either way If we can't lower the temps we're pretty much finished.

another thing that comes to mind is that he might have some how changed the test from blend to small FFT.
I use blend for system testing and small FFT for cooling system testing.

Nice call C_D someone mentioned to try that last night and it does get hotter. From the screenshot int post#81 itlooks like that's exactly what's going on.

Nice call C_D someone mentioned to try that last night and it does get hotter. From the screenshot int post#81 itlooks like that's exactly what's going on.
Yep, small FFT beats on the CPU and should be used for CPU testing while blend adds a lot more ram and tests the system but gets lesser temps. Been this way for years in fact. :)

Yep, small FFT beats on the CPU and should be used for CPU testing while blend adds a lot more ram and tests the system but gets lesser temps. Been this way for years in fact. :)

This I know E_D just didn't realize Oldie was using it. When we finished last night we were still using the blend test.

You might just be reaching the limits of your cooler. Last night was probably cooler in your room than it is now in the middle of the day. Either that or your fans aren't running at max.

Yes last night it was about 10 C

1.428 is not to bad.
I think johan is on the right track with both ideas.
what is your cpu/nb voltage?
what is your cpu/nb llc?

NB/ V 1.25v
NB/ lcc High

No not bad at all just the temps are getting to be an issue. I see you have lot's of fans oldie but how are they set up? Do you have 2 in front pulling cool air in with the 2 up top and rear fan pushing hot air out.? The side mounts aren't necessary and can actually disrupt airflow in some cases.
Looks like it was the NB or the ram at the higher bus speed that was the problem. But either way If we can't lower the temps we're pretty much finished.

1X140mm front pushing
1X120mm front pushing

2x120mm left pusing

1x120mm pushing cooling 2000 rpm

1x120mm pulling 2000rpm air from cooling rear

1x 120 mm push
1x120 mm pulling

Yes last night it was about 10 C

NB/ V 1.25v
NB/ lcc High

1X140mm front pushing
1X120mm front pushing

2x120mm left pusing

1x120mm pushing cooling 2000 rpm

1x120mm pulling 2000rpm air from cooling rear

1x 120 mm push
1x120 mm pulling

I really couldn't understand what you were getting at with the fans so I did this.

antec-p280-2.jpg

This is how it should look. What kind of water did you get and where is it going.

Back