• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Who would help me from the start with overclocking my FX 8350.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oldie_1965

Hey guys

After having received good advice of you all guys I decided to buy the big boy FX-8350.

I know there are a lot of topics about how to overclock a CPU.
But it's hard to say, English is difficult for me. I think if I get personal assistance. it sounds easier for me.
I appreciate any help, but I ask , please have patience with me
I have the topic of Rgone read, it seems great, but i failed with the first overclock.

I'm excited and actually I bought this cpu for overclocking, my old 1055T was actually good.

Ok guys where do I begin?

Last edited:
Of course I read a lot and I can remember that it is important to know what the defaults are.

I think this will help you continue to give me help.

My first picture

Attachments

• standaard.jpg
    standaard.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 6,012
What is your goal Oldie ? Everyday 4.5 to 4.6 is typically a good speed the volts are lower and heat isn't too much of a problem yet.

What is your goal Oldie ? Everyday 4.5 to 4.6 is typically a good speed the volts are lower and heat isn't too much of a problem yet.

Yeaahh Johan i was waiting for you :grouphug: lol

Yeah i was thinking about an save goal about 4.5 to 4.6, it seems that the FX 8350 would much heater then my old 1055t.

Lets go for it :salute:

Oldie

Along with those that will post and help, make sure you read the guide (Bullzdozer O/C guide in my signature). I know your English isnt the best, it still helps to understand the concepts that are going on behind the scenes. It will help you get through it all. :)

earthdog is very correct about that guide, it's what we tend to follow here.
johan45 is a very good man so I'll grab my popcorn and learn a little more myself.

earthdog is very correct about that guide, it's what we tend to follow here.
johan45 is a very good man so I'll grab my popcorn and learn a little more myself.

Gee thanks C_D. I'll see what I can do for Oldie. Just sooo much pressure :chair:

:rofl::rofl:

I thought about recommending that in my first response but wasn't sure if it would help. Who knows what a translator might do to all that techie stuff, might make it worse. Just more confusing. :screwy:

He loved it Johan, but decide to ask for help on here instead, so the Ball is firmly in your court as they say. So with that take him through it and me plus C_D will watch, no pressure lol. AJ. ;):salute:

Ya No Problemo Ajay. Looks like we have fairly similar set-ups aside from the ram.

Once you're done reading Oldie. Go into your BIOS and turn off cool and quiet C1 and C6 APM and EPU power saving features. Also disable the turbo function, If you're up for the full monty we'll get the HT and NB up for some better performance as well.

Ya No Problemo Ajay. Looks like we have fairly similar set-ups aside from the ram.

Once you're done reading Oldie. Go into your BIOS and turn off cool and quiet C1 and C6 APM and EPU power saving features. Also disable the turbo function, If you're up for the full monty we'll get the HT and NB up for some better performance as well.

Hello Johan

I have disable everyting so as you say, and done with reading it was very interesting

Oldie

Last edited:
Ok now's the time to take thing off of auto and set the AI tuner to manual. Since you're looking for a modest clock we'll start with the CPU voltage at 1.4. You'll find CPU and NB LLC under digi power control. Set them both to high. Put the CPU multiplier at 22 and then run prime and we'll want to see the temps in HWmonitor while it's under load. You shouldn't have any trouble booting at this setting.

Ok now's the time to take thing off of auto and set the AI tuner to manual. Since you're looking for a modest clock we'll start with the CPU voltage at 1.4. You'll find CPU and NB LLC under digi power control. Set them both to high. Put the CPU multiplier at 22 and then run prime and we'll want to see the temps in HWmonitor while it's under load. You shouldn't have any trouble booting at this setting.

Tnx Johan

Can you tell me for how long i do the prime test before i post any results?

oldie

20 minutes or so I want to get an Idea of your heat threshold. I'm at work so I'll be in and out but I won't leave ay hanging Oldie

Ok well your temps look OK. One thing I need to ask is if you have your ram timings and freq set manually?

Back