• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Newbie needs help. i5-3570k or i7-3770k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LockoutNex

Okay so it's been a long time from the last time I upgraded my computer. I'm more of an AMD boy so I don't really know anything about Intel. But I'm looking into trying them for my next upgrade.

Right now I have a AMD Pheonom II x4 955 Black Edition, Corsair H80 watercooler, Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H, xfx radeon 7870 1ghz (Upgraded from a ATI 5850 last month), 12GB of RAM and a OCz Agility 3 120GB, 700w PSU

Now I don't know what CPU to pick a i5-3570k or a i7-3770k I talked to a friend that know his Intel and he said I should get a i7-3770k. Now I play a lot of games from FPS's to multiboxing a lot of MMO's. Right now I multibox 4 Eve Online clients at once plus when I'm just AFK mining with the account I play league of legends. With all that running my CPU sits at about 90% load and sometimes I can see the lagg start plus I want to start multiboxing a few more account for Eve.

My friend said the i7-3770k would be better at all the multitasking but I just want to see what other people have to say. So if anyone could help me out that would be great!

Last edited:
Any reason you aren't looking @ intels new chips Haswell ?

Like I said I'm a intel newbie and didn't look at anything else because everywhere I look people say the i5-3570k is the best for gaming and what not so I didn't know anything about the new chips :(

Since you multibox, grab a 4770K and Z87 based mobo as the 4770K with its HT is able to multi task a bit better in most cases.

Back