• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Darth Beevis has something new.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That looks really well done. What did he use for the tubing to get it to hold its shape like that?

Thanks Con for the post, very interesting project and how he went about to achieve it, but not for the Novice water builder lol. AJ. ;) :salute:

man the prices on it really are not bad at all. i might go to that next, no plasticizer to leech no kinks to worry about. most can probably get away with two 3ft sticks. so 13-20 bucks not much more than quality tubing. the fittings are what will probably bite you in the ***, dunno where to find those though.
edit: yea frozen cpu has them 4 for 25 bucks... that would be 50-100 bucks in fittings for me... lol depending on if i decided to heat and bend the tubing or if i just used compressions + angled fittings.
edit 2 :facepalm: they have them on primo chills site.

does it come with the silicone worm thing to help bend it?

Last edited:
Getting all the bends right looks like a major PITA. I'm impressed.

i imagine its gotta be easier than copper though :thup: you can leave it warm and line it up then let it cool vs bending and hoping to god it fits lol

Looks like he used one of them Paint Stripper Heaters or maybe you could borrow the wife's Hair Dryer wagex! :shrug: :thup:
If its powerful enough that is, but a real pretty job that's for sure. :cool:

i have a heatgun like the one he uses i think its like 1200w or something like that i mean the rubber dealio that goes inside to assist in the bending

The problem isn't the bending part, that's easy enough with a heatgun and a jig. The hard part is measuring and bending exactly how you measure, since the radius of the bend changes the length of the overall part. Though with a jig with a known bend radius, I suppose it's much easier. Most of my bending experience is just a heatgun, a hammer, and a vice.

Back