• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BlueScreen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D0NKEYKONGA

I keep getting a bluescreen crash dump and have no idea what the cause is. Can someone please help me? I have uninstalled my antivirus software and steam. Whenever I remove the internet adapter and all usb, it is fine. When I was reinstalling steam, and redownloading my games, it did it again.

His system ( I built it for him)

Asrock Extreme 4
8GB ddr3-1600
Samsung 830 ssd (120 GB) primary
Seagate 2TB HDD secondary
Windows 7

From what I gather its a pretty common steam bootstrap error but we cant seem to get it nailed down. The random bluescreens concern me as they are not usually associated with this steam error. He has the OS on the SSD and when not connected to the internet the system acts normal. The problem seems to be random restarts when connected to the internet. I havent observed the problem but he has chatted with me about it and I cant pin point anything yet and really dont have the time to test everything for him right now.

Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

Edit:: he keeps getting errors like this when doing things like opening chrome and other very basic tasks.
The instructiong at 0x6a4e1b3c referenced memory at 0x00000000 the memory could not be written

Boomer

Last edited:
Open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical) double click the specific / latest error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

And upload the latest minidump (*.dmp) file, located in the C:\Windows\Minidump directory, via the attachment icon (paperclip) on the Advanced Reply page.

Random Restarts / BSODs have been an indication for faulty RAM in my experience. Did you try and run memtest?

Back