• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cursor moves, but no mouse click and keyboard does not work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
If you upgrade your mouse, you may sporadically find that all of a sudden things don't really freeze, you just can't click on anything or use your keyboard.

This thread shows many people have that problem, it happened to me after I upgraded to a brand new G700 mouse.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com...active-window-wont-respond-until-ctrl-alt-del

Solution I found was to manually assign commands to ALL extra buttons on the mouse.

If you do not, on some systems, clicking on extra buttons will make the mouse click unresponsive and possibly the keyboard unresponsive.

The cursor would move but you would not be able to click on anything. Possibly due to previously installed old mice and keyboards.

This happened to me when I first put together my rig last month... I needed to go into BIOS and enable Legacy support for some odd reason...

Back