• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm, I guess I need to tell you a dark secret.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conumdrum

Alrighty folks. The big build in my sig is no more. I'm using my media rig now. Plenty fast, quiet as a mouse and less power.

I tore down my 920, GTX 470s under water over the last few weeks. I used distilled, 2 killcoils, and Petras PHN nuke.

EDIT, pics are too large, have to resize... Grrr

My old beast:
Beast resized.jpg

Here are a few pics of the parts.

Water clarity, drained from res:
Water clarity resized.jpg

My EK Supremacy Nickel block before cleaning, still wet.
Ek long shot uncleaned resized.jpg
EK block resized.jpg

After cleaning:
EK block cleaned resized.jpg

Fitting and res low pic showing clarity
Fitting resized.jpg
Res drain resized.jpg

GPU block uncleaned, don't have a good one of cleaned. See the loss of plating on one teeny spot?
Koolance block uncleaned resized.jpg

Lastly, my res cleaned. I just tore it down, washed with dish soap, wiped and dried and put it together..
Res cleaned resized.jpg

And a Radiator I might be selling. Check out the fannage spacing, what is it?
PA 120x3 resize.jpg

Now the secret. I built this rig on 6/11. It's been TWO years and I NEVER changed the water, I just added for standard evaporation.

My tubing is still clear, I posted a pic of that. I don't know what to say, I'm a liar. Also experienced and know when I can get away with it. The proof of trouble free liquids, sterile installation, and just pure luck.

Discuss, haha Jack, have fun with this, I been teasing you!

Attachments

• Tubing resized.jpg
    Tubing resized.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,144
Last edited:
Alrighty folks. The big build in my sig is no more. I'm using my media rig now. Plenty fast, quiet as a mouse and less power.

I tore down my 920, GTX 470s under water over the last few weeks. I used distilled, 2 killcoils, and Petras PHN nuke.

Here are a few pics of the parts.

My EK Supremacy Nickel block before cleaning, still wet.

EDIT, pics are too large, have to resize... Grrr

:popcorn: So you made a announcement of taking apart of your loop? Interesting...:facepalm:

:pics:

J/K :rofl: The anticipating is killing me.

Last edited:
Woo! Another successful long term usage of distilled water, Nuke -PHN, and KillCoils :D

I may not be involved with any of that stuff anymore, but it still makes me happy to see it working so well for people. Thanks for sharing, Dave :)

Thanks for sharing the secret. I did the same thing and just recently broke down my rig after 1.5 years. The block needed a bit of cleaning like yours, otherwise, all was well!

My i ask Con whats going to happen to the Bench?? Are you going to keep it for a new project! AJ. :shrug: ;)

Very nice in deed, but 2 years of dust maybe!! :p :chair:

Last edited:
"I haven't had any problems with distilled + PTnuke in mine, and have gone nearly two years straight without a flush now.
In fact, my hardware needs upgrading more so than my coolant. lol!" - Martinsliquidlab

Looks really good for 2+ years I have to say. :thup:

So it still stands as the king of the hill is Distilled + Kill coil and for those that beg to differ, there's the added proof once again.

Couldn't really find the spot of the loss of plating on the GPU waterblock. Are those EK?

Really surprised that tubing held up that well. You either used magic (showed a new piece of tubing :rofl:) or the problematic LRT's were maybe from a really bad batch.

Anyhow, great pics. :salute:

Back