• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with RST?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kbman99

Hello!
I have recently been having troubles with my motherboard and bought an SSD to attempt to fix the issue. It worked and now I am trying to fix an issue with the AHCI on my computer not working with my SSD and through doing so I messed up my RAID. I updated my BIOS via EZ Flash 2 on my Asus P55 and with that came a Rapid Storage Technology update that I installed. More information can be found here (all info in the last 3 posts by me). But basically, I want to know if RST corrupted my RAID or if it was a simple fluke. You guys are one of my only hopes Microsoft Operation Systems sub forum browsers! Please help me :D
Thanks in advance!

Adding a SSD fixed a mainboard problem? HUH?

RST did not do anything... If you flash your BIOS your RAID will be lost.

The data is still on the drives and there is software out there that can recover it.

Also, I'm not sure if you knew this but if you configure your SATA controller in the BIOS to run in RAID it will behave as AHCI does for single drives like an SSD. If you change the setting from RAID to anything else and restart, your array will be lost.

Things are not as clear as they need to be. Before the SSD, how many drives did you have? Was there another that had the OS? Where was the OS before the SSD? You say the other drives are raid1, if this is so is there an OS residing on them? If they are a true raid1, can't you just disconnect all other drives and boot from one or the other of them as long as raid is enabled in bios?
What you had before is important to know so that we know why it won't boot. Your raid should still be there and in working order. In the same way that AHCI can be enabled after an install so can MSHCI. Just need more background info to understand what happened.

Back