• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Android Boinc Client!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

If you haven't heard (as I didn't know) there is a Boinc client for ARM procs now. It is called NativeBoinc.

Warning: It will wring your battery completely out of power! (obviously :p)

There are settings to change it to only crunch while plugged in, on battery, as well as a battery threshold to stop client after batter is drained to x%!

I have already turned in one unit to seti! Whoot! With the Note2 I crunch 4 at a time, though, not very fast. Takes the better part of a day to crunch a unit, but it's fun anyway!

Because the apps that already run and sync constantly despite me turning off sync completely aren't enough of a battery drain... I'll wait for the Android FAH client :)

I'd just run it while charging only then. Mine charges fully while running but I'm sure the are many factors involved.

ive been out of the loop for a bit but have then done a arm linux version yet? not completely set on Andriod offering the most performance from the cpu vs linux.

Not sure of this. I quit running NB as it was a major drain, literally. It is doable but you have to manage it.

hmm well, with the odriod U3, you can get andriod on a eMMC or linux. though i was thinking of the newer XU because of the higher clock speed, though you can only get the eMMC with linux on that one.

I can see now some ones going to go buy a ton of cheap, possibly used, old android phones load this up, plug em in and sync them to wifi and let em go to town.

if a phone does one unit a day, think about how many different units you could do with the space the size of a shoe box. loaded with phones that shoebox could probably do 30 units a day.

shoebox is power full (of phones)

lol yea niku, i would be looking for the now older quad arm's that samsung had what the s3 or was it the tab? forget which samsung was the first out with the new quad core cpu. i still wonder about the patch samsung is working on or already released that on some devices allows the use of all 8 cores on the newest exynos cpus.

im still wanting to see what the paralla can do though, the one with 64 800mhz risc cores. seems to be along the lines of a "cluster" where a arm cpu sends the work out to the 64 cores.

Just installed BIONC on my Note 4. Should be interesting to see what she can do!

lol yea niku, i would be looking for the now older quad arm's that samsung had what the s3 or was it the tab? forget which samsung was the first out with the new quad core cpu. i still wonder about the patch samsung is working on or already released that on some devices allows the use of all 8 cores on the newest exynos cpus.

im still wanting to see what the paralla can do though, the one with 64 800mhz risc cores. seems to be along the lines of a "cluster" where a arm cpu sends the work out to the 64 cores.

Don't know about the Tab, but the S3 had a quad core, only certain variants though. Might be worth it to get them now, as they are just over 2 years old and everyone is probably dropping them as they come off their 2 year contracts.

Back