• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 8350 oc temps, are these good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drsolders

So ive been learning how to overclock, are these temps safe? These temps are according to occt
8350 @ 4.6 ghz cooling with CM hyper 212 +
23 multiplier, and 200 bus speed
1.3125v
getting 31-35 idle temps
getting 55-60 under load during the OCCT test

Sorry i am a noob at this :( i just built my pc monday) here are my full specs

FX 8350
ASUS m5a97 le r2.0
8 gigs corsair xms 1600
xfx double d 7850
aspire x-discovery yellow ( old case, bought from a freind for lik 10 bucks)
700w rosewill psu ( i know its not great, but i got with a bundle on newegg)
samsung 840 non-pro
seagate baracuda 7200rpm 1tb

i will be going to push/pull on my hyper 212 once my - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103052 - get in.

thank you guys ahead of time.

Temperatures look good. Idle speeds aren't all that important; it's the temperature under load that is what you need to look at.

Make sure you're looking at the "package," or Core, temperature as well.

AMD says the max safe temp for longterm is 62C. I am not clear on if that is the core temp or not. Unfortunately the temp sensors are not very accurate so AMD might be giving some wiggle room.

If you want to be super safe don't let it run over 60C for long period of time. Like I recommended it would be good to have the AC cranked up and a house fan blowing at the inside of the case just while stress testing. You don't want to be doing these tests if your room temp is over 80F that is for sure.

How did you come to set your voltage? If that voltage is from auto or auto overclocking etc it may be higher than it needs to be. At the same time it might not even be high enough to be stable. So how did you arrive at 1.3125V.

I moved away from AMD after Thuban so not the best guy to answer too many questions about that CPU. There are plenty of people on this site that can help you out though.

If I am remembering correctly the push pull only helps a tiny amount on the Hyper212... you should look into it.

Welcome to the site.

These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Hmmm If your 8350 is stable @4.6 with only 1.3125v then you must have a pretty good chip. It takes a whooping 1.45 volts on mine to get stable @ 4.6 :( But yeah you definitely need a good cooler/water cooling kit if you want to keep the beast cool. I suggest Swiftech h220 / 320 if you just want to go with an all in one liquid cooling :)

Hmmm If your 8350 is stable @4.6 with only 1.3125v then you must have a pretty good chip. It takes a whooping 1.45 volts on mine to get stable @ 4.6 :( :)

ASUS m5a97 le r2.0 >> with that board, I doubt the actual Vcore is that low. It is showing to be the LE version and those boards usually are very much entry level. No telling what LLC is actually adding to the Cpu Voltage at 4.6Ghz.

C_D tried to overclock his 4 core FX-4170 on the ASUS m5a97 R2.0 board which is slightly, oh so slightly better than the LE maybe and he wound up pretty much a bust with only a 4 Core FX. The VRM circuit was just not heavy duty enough to keep his 4 core stable at just 4.7Ghz.

So I expect something is odd or he has just purchased the mostest of awesome FX-8350.
Bobert...

So I expect something is odd or he has just purchased the mostest of awesome FX-8350.
Bobert...

Yes indeed. If its luck then I'am jealous as fruit :(
PS: I have swapped to a 3770k and I notice that it Ivy bridge runs hotter than 8350 @ the same clock speed.

ASUS m5a97 le r2.0 >> with that board, I doubt the actual Vcore is that low. It is showing to be the LE version and those boards usually are very much entry level. No telling what LLC is actually adding to the Cpu Voltage at 4.6Ghz.

C_D tried to overclock his 4 core FX-4170 on the ASUS m5a97 R2.0 board which is slightly, oh so slightly better than the LE maybe and he wound up pretty much a bust with only a 4 Core FX. The VRM circuit was just not heavy duty enough to keep his 4 core stable at just 4.7Ghz.

Bobert...
^^+2 :thup:

Yes indeed. If its luck then I'am jealous as fruit :(
PS: I have swapped to a 3770k and I notice that it Ivy bridge runs hotter than 8350 @ the same clock speed.

The Intels are a hotter running chip in general but they have a much higher tolerance than the AMD side of things. Intel can handle temps in the 90's where your 8350 would look like burnt toast at that temp.

Back