• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make Booting/Startup Faster?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
Hey y'all, as some of you know my house was hit with lightning, and fried my motherboard.

I've since got a new motherboard, transferred everything, only to get a blue screen.

So I had to wipe the hard drive, and reinstall Windows 7. Now it runs great, plays games awesome, but the only thing that bugs me is the load time. It never used to take this long before, but now just to get to the desktop takes some time, and my programs are taking even longer to start up once it's reached the desktop.

Anyone have any tips/tricks to make booting faster? Thanks

Buy an SSD, buy an SSD, buy an SSD.

Also you can use CCleaner to disable certain useless programs from starting up on startup.

Other than that, no clue.

I'm also curious though, because before I got hit by lightning, this SAME COMPUTER booted up about 45 seconds/1 minute faster..the desktop takes forever. Could there be something wrong?

Back