• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWBot August Event

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idkfa

HWBot August Event

Every member is invited to join us in the Overclocktagon for some benchmarking.
It's a fun challenge and if you are new to overclocking or benchmarking you can definitly learn some things.
Feel free to participate and see how you compare against others.

What
All benchmarks eligible for HWBot Points. You can find a list of them here.

Who
Any OCF Member

When
August 1st until August 31th 11:59 PST

Rules
Prior to entering this event you will be required to post a screenshot of your points on HWBot.
You can find all the rules for each benchmark here.
points.jpg
The points will be added up and after the competition is over we'll do the same. The member with the most newly gained points will win.

Divisions
There will be 2 different divisions, new members with a HWBot score up to 20 Total Points will participate in the beginners division. Everyone else will compete in the advanced section.

Posting your scores
To have some overview during the event you should posts your scores using the following the layout:

Name|Division|Benchmark|CPU/GPU|Benchmark Score|Total new points

Feel free to add the link to the corresponding submission.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or post in the forums.

Have fun!

LEADERBOAD

To be found here

Last edited:
Ok I might as well kick this off. No laughing!

HWbot.JPG

Here is mine...

Are you going to create a table in the first post that shows what we all started with? And perhaps a middle of the month update on boints to see where we are in relation to everyone else? This thread is going to be FULL of submissions so figuring it out on our own is quite difficult without updates from the participating members...

day1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in

Total 1038.4

Attachments

• august comp start.jpg
    august comp start.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 119
I'm in too!

August 1st HWbot.png

I should be able to get my 7970 benched once I get a package from Dex. :thup:

Current Score: 2758.4

I also just realized, since the "global points" are part of the "total points," maybe we should just use the "league points" and the "total points" (or alternatively, the league points, hardware points and global points, since the only difference there are the competition points).

Last edited:
Yes.

Note there is a link to the rules in the first post that will show you. Each benchmark has a screenshot of what is required (red border), and optional (green border).
http://hwbot.org/news/886_application_14_rules/

OP - you may want to create another thread for results as this thread is gonna get huge I'd imagine with ss's and then results mixed in at first.

I got that part just the way we post the points and newpoints was my concern.

I got that part just the way we post the points and newpoints was my concern.
Gotcha..

I personally do not see a point in posting that last value though as your score now can be different from the end of the month. For exmaple if people beat your score, it will go down. I guess its too late to mention that anyway, LOL!

But yeah, posting each one versus the total at the end of month... which one is easier, less LOE to get the end result?

I'm in too!

View attachment 130853

I should be able to get my 7970 benched once I get a package from Dex. :thup:

Current Score: 2289.5

I also just realized, since the "global points" are part of the "total points," maybe we should just use the "league points" and the "total points" (or alternatively, the league points, hardware points and global points, since the only difference there are the competition points).

I make 2758.7 mate:thup:

Just to keep everybody the same i think ALL points should be counted, even if somebody adds competition points during the month, they should still count (unlikely but just in case):salute:

I counted what he had underlined in the first post. :shrug: That could get a little clarification.

Ah i see, i thought we agreed on these three to get added up:shrug: as like you said the global points are in with the total points:confused:

Attachments

• str.jpg
    str.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
My before.

Capture824.jpg

Oh yeah that was a mistake by me, I underlined the wrong sections. What Keny posted was what I intended to post. Should be fixed now.

@ ED yes a 2nd thread for the results seems a good idea. I will gather all starting values in a table for a better overview.

For the reason that the points may change during the event I wrote that this kind of posting your score is for an overview during the competition. The final results will of course be based on HWbot and not on the manual user score count.

I think I should be able to post a HWBot based result table mid month, too. But keeping track of all participants on a regular basis would be a lot of work, so I thought posting the new scores themself should do the trick for a rough overview.

I hope that answered the questions that came up so far. If there's still something that would need some clarification, let me know :)

Back