• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still kickin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

Hey guys and gals... Still kickin over here! Seems like I post these messages every now and then, then I disappear! If I do, again, dont worry, I am still lurking! It has been toooooo long. Unfortunately I have not been in the game for a while now (ever since my 4P folding rig)... Holidays, Family, and some rough patches for some expectant travel won the best of my wallet. I am still not in the market for a folding rig, but I am due for a laptop upgrade at the very least least... we are moving back to AZ soon, so the wife wont let me go crazy with the computer parts! Lets just hope this christmas!

I hope all is well... it will be nice trolling the forums to see how far F@H with hardware advances has gone in the past year...

Take care! :salute:

Always good to see old faces around :)
Sounds like you have been having a fun life with your time! - best thing to have been doing besides folding ^^

For those with Deeep pockets the new upcoming generation of 12 Core Xeons sound interesting...
though to be honest in the Tom's preview they did not pull ahead as far as I thought they might. Especially considering the Astronomical price they will no doubt cost xD

Guess AMD are still by far the best VFM.
...but GFx cards are starting to get Really interesting this last year.

An AMD 7970 can pull in 120K+ PPD on its own now.
My 7950 @ 1,040MHz pulls 91K PPD

Some of the NVidia cards also pull some great numbers on the new Core_17 WU's

The next generation card from AMD coming near the end of the year might start making dedicated GPU folding machines look a good way to go perhaps... time will tell if they can challenge 4P or not. (On Cost possibly, but not on power efficiency I am sure though)

Interesting times to be sure, come join us when you can ~_^

Back