• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raspberry Pi Throwdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Code:
sudo echo (whatever the text is) > /boot/config.txt
repeat for each line.
Then "type" it (or whatever the command is).
There's also the piconfig program, or whatever it is.

I have looked all over the net for a full list of the stock config.txt file so I can just replace the one on the root of the sd card (as there is on there but it looks nothing like a full config.txt) but I can't find one anywhere, just lists broken down into sections for various applications (no good) It should just write the boot/config.txt on first startup then that's it, but for some reason my pi is not doing it, its there but not like any I have seen before and it has no overvolt options, just a #uncomment to overclock arm !!!!!

Apologies for the crappy pic (iPhone then host = poor quality) got it to 1200 arm at ov of 7, still not run any benches yet so this maybe just a time killer for now, but its fun anyway, I have a micron D9QHN mem chip on mine (no samsung/hynix) so wonder how it will clock, not pushed it any higher than 600 yet. Where's everybody else's pi's ?????

2A09A237-42C2-4A92-8D8D-A67BC73B35FD-3695-000011605E14EC47_zps8569c448.jpg

Do these things have the horsepower to actually manage a task like web browsing inan LDXE environment? I should get a few since got knows I'll kill at least one modding.

Why do I feel like this belongs to a benching team member? :

gNvXEMQ.jpg

I gotta get a Raspberry Pi, looks like a great project!

I have looked all over the net for a full list of the stock config.txt file so I can just replace the one on the root of the sd card (as there is on there but it looks nothing like a full config.txt) but I can't find one anywhere, just lists broken down into sections for various applications (no good) It should just write the boot/config.txt on first startup then that's it, but for some reason my pi is not doing it, its there but not like any I have seen before and it has no overvolt options, just a #uncomment to overclock arm !!!!!

If you are running Wheezy Raspbian you could run

Code:
raspi-config

Are you editing an existing "boot/config.txt " file, or writing one from scratch? I suspect that you're wanting to edit the boot/config.txt file, but it either doesn't exist, or is located somewhere else/called something different.

If you're not familiar with Nano you can review its features here:
http://mintaka.sdsu.edu/reu/nano.html

Try running
Code:
cat  /boot/config.txt
to just read the file without using a text editor.

I'm going backwards, I could make 1200 @ov of 7 and now I can't make 1200 at all, there frustrating as hell to work with, especialy if you're a finger typer like me, punching in cmd's is time consuming.

Had half an hour play this morning and got some decent results, but now my memory card is corrupted and I can't retrieve my scores :mad:

This is getting serious lol

1B860DDF-8918-4FC0-B37C-C3FEBA945AF6-8920-0000123BAE313782_zpsb70b92da.jpg

I can beat massman but keep dropping a couple pps short of the 1st place guy, I think my pi is getting slower, the longer I push it the worse the clocks are getting, cold is not a major improvement :-/

Saving scores is also a pita as when you get a decent run and save the score it 99% of the time corrupts the sd card on shutdown, its getting to be a major issue for me, having to reflashing the sd card every few runs is getting old, fast!

Last edited:
Got a soldeirng iron? Add some caps across these two: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=130869&d=1375416576
(Do not, ever, short the top cap to the bottom cap on the +v side, that's how my Pi died. 5v to the core is the end.

It might be worthwhile to short the polyfuse too, in case the Pi is eating too much 5v and experiencing input vdroop.

I think this is my next move, let me know what I need and I will see about getting on with the job in hand.

Some 6.3v polymer caps for the 5v rail, some 2v or higher polymer caps for the vcore rail. Some solder. Voila!
Might be worthwhile to solder some test points on, too.

If you're going to plop 'em down on top, you want 1206 package.
Those are 0402, which is 1mm x 0.5mm :D

The package is length width, in hundredths of an inch. 1206 is 0.120" x 0.06"
Why? Who knows.

I would get a few of these: http://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/C1206C107M9PACTU/399-5620-1-ND/2057834
Add one to 5v and one to vcore.

I would get a few of these: http://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/RR50J821MDN1/493-3697-ND/2207232
Add one each as well.
It'll be cramped.

Then you hope the internal MOSFETs don't explode.
It may be that just adding the ceramic to vcore is a better idea. Definitely add both to 5v though.

Last edited:
I'm not getting them from digikey ! There shipping is £12 :eek: I will scour eBay and find some cheap ones (hopefully) thanks.

Btw: is the uf value of the caps important ?

Yeah, that's the capacitance of the cap.
Didn't realize shipping was that terrible from digikey!
There's bound to be a UK distributor along those lines though.

Back