• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raspberry Pi Throwdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's what I wanted to do with a zombie vid card but Bobnova got busy and I needed extra guidance, if anybody has a rough idea how to do this with a zombied card I would be willing to try it out :thup:

There is bobnova's info in that same thread on how to hook it to the raspi. It looks like that is what they are using. Do you have a zombie card to use? The most info that I found on zombie cards was at kpc. http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=980

many of the original pics are gone, but there is quite a bit of info there. I got gpu's with the intention of making a zombie, but never got around to it. I did buy an epower too, but have not used it yet.

There are some other threads in the tin's area at kpc that also have to do with zombies. Depending on which dead gpu's you have and whether you have an evbot. http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2285

Last edited:
Yeah I looked over there when I was attempting one but they were using high end cards to zombie and a lot of the info was way above my knowledge, I don't need to zombie a high end card to run the pi, I have a few cards lying around that I could use but only use one power plug and are low end cards (7800gtx 8800gts/gtx etc) so most of the info at KPC was lost on me, I will do dome research and get a zombie pi up and running :attn:

Just a bump, due to the team cup contest.

I am just sitting here staring at mine, about to get started.

Last edited:
I have been looking for 2 days for my sd card reader so that I can write a new os to my rpi. I finally had to go buy one.

If I decide to hook up the epower to the rpi, should I leave the caps (the same ones that keny added to) on there or remove them?

Caps on, inductor off.
Adding a cap or two on the VCC cap isn't a bad idea. The 5V cap is largely irrelevant one EPowered.

I see in the hwbot thread.
the inductor is L5 on the bottom side?

L-something certainly. It's the "big" (heh) L-whatever that is right under the caps.
I don't have my Pi in front of me to double check what the number is.

As a note, L is the marking for inductors.

There is a lot of tweaks on hwbot now. I have my score up to 514.84 with stock clocks.

When HWBot ram there arm comp there was a guy called iceman who got some crazy high scores at relatively low clocks, once the comp ended he explained how he tweaked the os, there was a lot of cmd line input needed but if you can find his thread I'm sure it would boost you up as he was over 700pts iirc

Yeah that is much of what I used to get that score. I didn't overclock very much and I am sure it will go further.

haha, its like you guys went from pimping your big cars to go carts.

this is going to be entertaining. :popcorn:

very VERY entertaining.

Just bringing this to the front for my next project in the Team Cup

Back