• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fet replacement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ham?

(Hams unite!)

i remember my dad had a ham radio kit. i was about to finish (a few years ago) it until i found one of the boards missing. ended up getting thrown out a year ago :(

i really REALLY wish i had looked harder on the internet for that tuner card (whatever its called)

I tried to replace a blown mosfet. You definitely want a 40+watt iron.

The way I removed one was simply applying MORE solder to the points, then us a copper braided wick to remove it all and all of the solder, including hte original transferred over to the wick making it easier to pry with a screw driver while still using the soldering iron. You don't want to flick melted solder into your face/eyes ;-).

I tried to replace a blown mosfet. You definitely want a 40+watt iron.

The way I removed one was simply applying MORE solder to the points, then us a copper braided wick to remove it all and all of the solder, including hte original transferred over to the wick making it easier to pry with a screw driver while still using the soldering iron. You don't want to flick melted solder into your face/eyes ;-).

thats what i did. still screwed up with the crappy iron i had. it had a fat tip.

Back