• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shinobi Black & Red

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oG AnarCHy

We're all out of trollish titles
So par request I have remade this project log, it has been awhile since I have been very busy.

Parts
Cpu: 4670k
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87 Ud3h
Ram: Corsair Vengence Lp 8gb @1600
Case: Bitfenix Shinobi
Gpu: Sapphire 7950
PowerSupply: Corsair tx650 Watt

Soon to order
XSPC Raystorm Rs750 240 water cooling kit
PrimoChill Red Tubing? Is it good? Must be better than what's in the kit
Tp Link Dual Band Router...I need internet! Im using my work computer for this log:cry:

So here's the motherboard box :D So far I am very pleased with this board
thanks for the recommendation
picture.php

Here's when I first put it in and started to plan out my cable routing
picture.php

This is when I put in my temporary psu to make sure it all worked
picture.php

This is the final product so far, without the water cooling hopefully I get that in by next Thursday.
picture.php

Looks pretty so far, can't wait to see the final result. Which sleeved extensions (brand) did you go with?

Thanks!
I believe they are rosewell extension, idk if I like them to much right now they seem plastic, so I might end up sleeving all the cables individually once I get the time.

Finished for now...I have some red primo chill tubing in the mail and some red trim for the case...dunno if im gonna change out the tubbing right now or wait until i get a waterblock for my 7950 and another radiator 360 proballe

picture.php

Nice! :D

Are you gonna go for a psu cover or repace it altogether?

I think you should paint the mobo heatspreaders...vrm and southbridge. That blue/silver stands out a lot.

I was thinking about that...i might grab different heat sinks or try allitle sharpie lol ive seen some build logs were that does wonders...also i was thinking about getting a corsair 760i since i need a stronger psu for crossfire anyway

Yeah, anything besides wc for vrm...that's pointless.

I'd avoid the i series psu's, haven't heard good things from the software they use, seems to cause more problems than anything else.

I was going with the non i varient mainly because its platnium certified idw software lol

Got some primo chill red tubing, soooo much nicer than what I had before
picture.php

Also got some red mesh strips and a cover for my disk drive
picture.php

So i got a new camera, which is awesome, so i figured i'de treat you all to some better photos of my finished build
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I need to get some zip ties to finish cleaning up my build

Back