• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3870 mem mod ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuickFast

Pin 3and 6 reads 4.15 ohms so I soldered a 100k vr to both of my 3870 but volts don't change same thing happen to my 4670 but on my 4670 i said maybe one more turn until i fried a ram module.when i google 3870 voltmod it looks like they are using a 500k ohm VR witch makes no sense to me but the more i google the more i see no knows a memory mod for the 3870 but i know there is seeing people hit 1400+ on the memory

ED help LOL or who ever volt modded a 3870 before thanks

EDit: guess i'll chase gold with just the gpu mod hope my 3570 is up for the challenge.Well iam off to work now, might go live later i'll post if i do

Last edited:
I think we need some pics. I did a 3870 and still have it here, but If I remember correctly, there are a few different cards.

If it reads 4.16Ohms (not kOhms) and it's the FB pin (key, heh) then a 50ohm or 100ohm trimmer is the way to go.
Be sure it's the FB pin and be sure what resistance it is though.

My bad it was 4.16 kOhms. The 100k VR should of worked but after killing my 4670 guess i was nervous doing the same to the to the 3870 i need to pick up some VR's for my 2x3870's and my 2x4870 so i'll pick up some 50k and 80k VR's to and see how that works out

xsuperbgx they are reference cards

Yeah for a 4.x kOhm stock a 70k to 120k is about right. I'll look at the mods when u get home, maybe tomorrow, I'm mobile right now.

If the voltage isn't changing you may be on the wrong pins, that's usually what I mess up anyway.

Back