• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista with scratches that are triangles and circles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shawnmcc

I was wondering if it is possible for some one to play a joke with you by putting essentially summoning circles on your dvd for your OS and cause the sound to go up and down and really deep bass like every one was demons or something. Plus all the videos were messed up like boxes around the top of there heads and smiles were really messed up. The computer ran really slow. I just got windows 7 home premium and it no longer does that. One good thing about it was oblivion was a whole lot more frightening.

May I ask what you are talking about? Do you have a problem and need help?

My windows OS disk has been damaged is it possible some one to make specific problems if they were to damage it on purpose. For instance like security holes or os running slow things like that could the disk cause that?

I think the only way for that to happen is if it was an unofficial Microsoft disc and was software cracked. Just because a disc is damaged it will not ruin the integrity of the OS.

My windows OS disk has been damaged is it possible some one to make specific problems if they were to damage it on purpose. For instance like security holes or os running slow things like that could the disk cause that?
No. Disks have CRC, so any read errors will be caught. Scratching the disk in that fashion would destroy it.

Strangest thing is it still installed the scanning software I used to check it crashed too. So I don't know why it even worked in the first place!

Alright - We all need to be help and get a good laugh. So we/i are in.

Are you saying that you only noticed this after you installed Win7? Another way of looking at this is that you where on Windows Vista and you are now using Win7 as your O/S.

Hope this helps!

I noticed it before windows 7 but now I checked the cpu just to be sure it wasn't that guess what its heat sink was loose. But I had this issue before I bought this new heat sink though. It does not account for the difference between the speed of 7 vs vista either. Or that the vista OS disk could not be scanned correctly. I don't know if that could cause the bass to go up and down though. May be a hacker or some thing. Or just the disk was damaged.

Start over,

What is the primary issue(s)?

You had windows vista and upgraded to win 7? If so, you had the issues on win vista and still have them on win 7?

Back