• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok this better b the right place to post this or ill get a ban...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

i got a question, my thread in Computer related discussion already got deled 2 times and i got a warning.

anyway
my questions is how can i change my name and/or my computer name in win xp. i figured out net send and i think its real cool xcept it shows MYNAME-COMPNAME when it sends on top of the msg that i send (i tested to a friends puter) so what can i do about this ? thnx for any help

I think you got the right forum this time :) The admins are very anal about keeping the topics in the right forums...mass chaos and worldwide descruction may ensue if a topic is left in the wrong forum for too long.
ANYWHO, to answer your question:

Hold down the windows key and the pause/break button at the same time...that will bring up the system properties. If that doesn't work for you, right click on "my computer" and goto properties...that will also bring up the system properties.
Click on the second tab over that says "computer name"...you should be able to figure it out from there.

Hope that helps you out.

-D9K

Lt. Max said:
i got a question, my thread in Computer related discussion already got deled 2 times and i got a warning.

anyway
my questions is how can i change my name and/or my computer name in win xp. i figured out net send and i think its real cool xcept it shows MYNAME-COMPNAME when it sends on top of the msg that i send (i tested to a friends puter) so what can i do about this ? thnx for any help

The gods are pleased and accept your humble sacrifice. :D

Back