• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3770K overclock to 4.6ghz...Some issues...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lafindumondeNF

Registered
35364.a141c422dcb92faa2bef836991c9988e.892366eefa5eb35956ae2cb33461b239.thumb.jpg
Here are my build specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Lafindumondenf/saved/29W2

Prime95 runs stable, no issues. Max temp under load is around 88C with my H100I. Cores clock consistently.

My issue is that i'm having in game crashes. My girlfriend noticed this on the SIMS 3 running completely maxed out. I'm getting BSOD after between 15 and 20min of playing.

The curious thing is that i didn't have this problem before i installed my fan controller. Also the bluetooth completely crapped out on me after a reboot and refused to initialize, i went into the case and wiggled the card and it started working again.

my GPU is an EVGA GTX780 and i have no idea what temp it is running at at load.

any ideas guys?

Last edited:
How long is it Prime95 stable? Which setting (blend, small ffts, etc)?

What is CPUz saying the voltage is while Prime95 is running?

Like Redduc said, what BSOD?

i'm using the Small FFT test, it's been stable for 12 hours thus far. I can't remember the exact BSOD code, i'll post when i can replicate it. It could have been an issue with my Bluetooth/wifi combo card not seated properly or my temps could be too high due to excessive voltage.

For the bios i just did "CPU step up" no manual settings.

Last edited:
Update: I've stepped down voltage and it crashes consistently with prime95. I'm running a test now at 1.25V to see if it will remain stable. Could have a bad CPU for overclocking. I think the voltage at 1.38 with the graphics card running full blast during gaming was causing my temps to hit critical in my CPU thus causing my BSOD.

Follow our guide that's stickied, do it manually. It'll be a much lower voltage than any automatic OC.

I think I'm going to set it up based on the settings on the asus ROG site. Seems a good way to get a stable 4.7 out of it.

An OC isn't just "cookie cutter" settings. Every CPU is different. Some take more voltage than others for the same frequency.

Take your time, follow a proper OC guide, and you'll have a nice stable processor.

I've been stepping down and stress testing to find what is stable. I'm at 1.255 right now and it seems to be stable. 1.250 crashed prime95 but not the PC.

That doesn't have any info on LLC, you'll have to get that from the BIOS.

Ahhh, yeah I just stepped it up to 4.6 and adjusted voltage. Has been running stable at 1.248 for an hour and a half now with prime 95.

Back