• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game Giveaways Megathread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only issue with steam friends and family sharing is you can't access a friends game library if they're playing any game from what I can tell.

store.steampowered.com/sharing said:
"Can a friend and I share a library and both play at the same time?

No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.
When I authorize a device to lend my library to others, do I limit my own ability to access and play my games?

As the lender, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when a friend is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

Last edited:
oh, can I have FTL please in return I give you this link?

and how do you guys get all of these?

I have spare keys from buying humble bundles. There would be one or 2 games I don't have but for 5-10$ for like 7ish games is usually a deal and I'd give the spares to friends/family and now this thread (at least next time I hit an HB up)

I'd be intrested in a awesomenauts key for my friends daughter, if its still available

I have some games I'd like to give away. Do they have to be unplayed? If I've already played the Steam game, can I still give it away? If so, how do I extract the key?

Thanks

If you've added it to your library, you can't give it away. Does not matter if you have played it or not.

Random side note - it's obvious you can't do it here, but you can't SELL your Steam account either. Some people were caught trying to do so on eBay and their accounts were suspended. Tis against ToS IIRC.

Anyway, thiddy is right - once you enter the key into Steam, it's linked to your account and there's no way to do anything else with it.

Nuts :(. I have so many steam games I don't play.

Can I lend games in this thread? I have some games I'd like to lend out on steam... I don't play them any more so I wont be trying to play them while the recipient is. LMK.

Nuts :(. I have so many steam games I don't play.

Can I lend games in this thread? I have some games I'd like to lend out on steam... I don't play them any more so I wont be trying to play them while the recipient is. LMK.

I don't think its even possible to lend on Steam, is it?

You'd literally have to give your username and password out for your steam account. Doubt that's a very palatable option for you. Lend it to the wrong person, poof goes your account (via their changing of the password).

You'd literally have to give your username and password out for your steam account. Doubt that's a very palatable option for you. Lend it to the wrong person, poof goes your account (via their changing of the password).

No you can authorize their account (complete with its own password) to play your games. You literally "lend them" your library. I just read up on it. You have to lend your entire library, not just one game. If you start playing a game the person you lent it to is already playing, they get kicked. The owner of the game never gets kicked.

I can't friggin enable it though. I followed the steps but it won't let me add accounts, and at the bottom of the little message box it has a check mark with "notify me when account sharing becomes available again" which leads me to think that it is currently unavailable. :facepalm:

Back