• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game Giveaways Megathread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No you can authorize their account (complete with its own password) to play your games. You literally "lend them" your library. I just read up on it. You have to lend your entire library, not just one game. If you start playing a game the person you lent it to is already playing, they get kicked. The owner of the game never gets kicked.

I can't friggin enable it though. I followed the steps but it won't let me add accounts, and at the bottom of the little message box it has a check mark with "notify me when account sharing becomes available again" which leads me to think that it is currently unavailable. :facepalm:

Did you follow all the FAQ here?

Did you follow all the FAQ here?

Yes. At this point: "Then enable the sharing feature via Settings > Family, (or in Big Picture mode, Settings > Family Library Sharing,) where you'll also authorize specific computers and users to share."

I get stuck. I see no way to input other users to share my library. There is literally no way to input the information. Try it yourself, you'll see what I mean.

Yes. At this point: "Then enable the sharing feature via Settings > Family, (or in Big Picture mode, Settings > Family Library Sharing,) where you'll also authorize specific computers and users to share."

I get stuck. I see no way to input other users to share my library. There is literally no way to input the information. Try it yourself, you'll see what I mean.

I'm on my work computer, so I can't try it right now.
Hopefully someone else can chime in.

If anybody else has Steam and is reading this thread please try this to see if you can help me out. I'll reward whoever helps me figure this out with access to over 30 games.

I've got (with commentary)

Alan Wake...Superb zombie game. Harder on PC than Xbox for some reason
Batman AA...Classic Batman action. Runs flawlessly even on a C2D/8800GTS
COD Black Ops...Tried it to see if I liked it better than Battlefield. I still prefer Battlefield.
Dead Island...Another excellent zombie game. Has tearing issues I couldn't resolve no matter what I did
Deus Ex HR...An ugly looking but great playing futuristic shooter
Dirt 3...Awesome racing action. Boring as heck "Gymkana" (car gymnastics) action. Crashes often on my sig system...
Skyrim...The epicness of it's epicness goes without saying
Fallout 3...Dystopic futuristic RPG. Has a bug on all multicore machines where it stutters. Fix is easily available. Google it.
Fallout NV...See above
Far cry 2...Not my cup of tea
Far cry 3...Also not my cup of tea. Seems poorly optimized. Fugly graphics yet won't run at 60FPS on high for me...
Flight Control HD...The simple, cheap, mind numbing plane and helicopter landing game
GTA IV...Pick up hookers, enjoy their services, kick them out of the car, run them over, and recover your money.
GTA EFLC...As above, but with expanded interweaving story lines.
LA Noire...Crime solving game. Runs terribly on PC. Ruins a perfectly entertaining game.
Mafia II...Tries to be GTA, fails miserably
Metro 2033... Dystopic alternate reality. Shoot at people in subway tunnels. Shoot at monsters on the surface.
NBA 2K12...Why did I buy a basketball game? (looks at empty beer cans in recycling bin)
Portal...The no-kill shooter that changed it all!
Portal 2...With improved graphics and story
Rage... I'm in a bit of a Rage over how bland this game was. Still, an entertaining (usually mindless) shooting fest.
Red Orchestra 2... Mind numbingly complicated and difficult FPS action
RCT 3... Build a jump for your rollercoaster and watch the little people go flying off to their doom!
Saints Row 3... GTA like with slap stick action
Civilization IV... The epic civilization growing simulator
Sid Meier's Railroads!... Actually really fun. Build rail networks, ship people and cargo, expand and dominate the competition!
Sonic Generations... If you like sonic, you will like this. But not if you have to use the keyboard.
Star Wars TFU II... Not as good as the first one. But it's still fun to kill droids with a light saber.
Street Fighter IV... The game that tries to be as good as SFII but doesn't quite make it
HAWX 2... Incredibly unrealistic flight sim

You're highly likely to get kicked from GTA 4/EFLC and TFU II for the forseeable future though as I'm on them constantly.
I'll keep in contact with the you and the other 3 people who I'll be offering this to. One slot is reserved for a friend I built a gaming PC for. I'll let the people on my list know when I'm changing
which games I play, so you know what to avoid if you don't want to get kicked off.

If we ALL share, we could theoretically have LEGAL access to thousands of titles. For free. If we can just get this thing to work it'd be like rubbing a magic lamp and getting a gaming genie.

Last edited:
Did you click "Manage family view"? I think you have to tie accounts together to do this, such as letting your kids play a game or something.

Did you click "Manage family view"? I think you have to tie accounts together to do this, such as letting your kids play a game or something.

Yup I clicked manage family view. Doesn't do anything to help this situation. And as I said I see nowhere to actually enter accounts of people I want to do this with. I have no kids so that idea's shot. I do have a friend with steam, but getting his info would be just as useless as getting someone on the forum's info as I see nowhere to input the information.

When I click Manage Family View, it loads a window in Steam. If that doesn't work, try this in a browser (that is the page it loads):

http://store.steampowered.com/parental/set

"Family View can be used to restrict access to content and features while in a PIN-protected Family View. To set up Family View for this account, step through these options."

Has nothing to do with this as far as I can see. It's for restricting children's access to your library.

:( Just read this in big picture mode:

"Bla bla bla... The following people have also logged into their steam account on one of your authorized computers (computers on my home network or computers I have logged onto steam from)." So basically, we have to have physical contact in real life for this to happen.

If anybody is in the GTA area in Ontario Canada I'm willing to hook you up but otherwise everyone else is, if I may use a vulgar acronym, S.O.L.

Last edited:
Oooofff.
I hope never to step near the GTA again. (And I grew up there LOL)

That's a real bummer that Steam limits sharing like that. Like M$ almost pulled with Xbox One

:-/ What's so bad about it? The GTA has all the conveniences of modern civilization, relatively safe neighborhoods, etc.
I wouldn't hang out at Jane and Finch or anything, but still.

Too fast paced, too many people.

Once you move out the the country, you never ever want to go back.

But I do miss the high speed interwebz. :comp:

This is the game giveaway thread. Let's try to keep it somewhat on topic please.

Steam
Orcs Must Die! GOTY
Sanctum: Collection
The Walking Dead: 400 Days (DLC) having an issues gift this with humble bundle but once the issues is fix it is claimed

Origin
Dead Space 3
Dead Space
Medal of Honor
The Sims 3 (Late Night, High End Loft Stuff Key and Date Night)
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

More to come as I clean out my Steam and humblebundle

Last edited:
Hi guys I have a copy of Fez if there is anybody that hasn't got that game yet, me personally I think it's a bit over hyped, granted I haven't spent too long playing it, but yeh it's a cool game and it looks really nice, and I would defo recommend a controler for this. It's a humble bundle gift link btw.

Steam
Orcs Must Die! GOTY
Sanctum: Collection
The Walking Dead: 400 Days (DLC) having an issues gift this with humble bundle but once the issues is fix it is claimed

Origin
Dead Space 3
Dead Space
Medal of Honor
The Sims 3 (Late Night, High End Loft Stuff Key and Date Night)
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

More to come as I clean out my Steam and humblebundle

I would love Medal of Honor for Origin if you've still got it. I'll shoot you a pm to check. Thanks in advance!

Back