• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game Giveaways Megathread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

We're seeing more and more giveaway threads popup(and that's awesome!) so I figured it might be a good idea to make one big ongoing thread, so we have a central place to track what's up for grabs and not bump old threads that don't have anything left.

I think we should start with as few guidelines as possible and move from there when need be. My only couple suggestions would be if you're going to paste the code directly in your post, replace a character with a question mark. There are bots that scan Reddit threads for these codes, and OCF is a very popular and open forum so I would hate to see a bunch of codes meant for the community disappear to bots.

Also, if you want to do a mini game(like guess the number or something) that's fine, just try not to derail the thread completely.

Please come back and edit your post when your games are gone.

Official Rules

No money may be exchanged at all. This thread has to be strictly a giveaway.

Requirements for my Games
Either a member for 2 years, or at least 100 posts.

To start it off strong, I'll throw a bunch of games up for grabs. I may have given some of these keys to friends, but I think that these are all unused. I'll be adding more at a later time. I still have at least 20-30 games available.

War of the Roses: Kingmaker Steam Key Botanicula Steam Key McPixel Steam Key Thomas Was Alone Steam Key Amnesia: Dark Descent Steam Key @ kyfire The Showdown Effect Steam Key Europa Universalis 3 Complete Steam Key Leviathan: Warships Steam Key Dungeonland Steam Key Warlock Steam Key DEFCON, Multiwinia, Darwinia, and Uplink Steam key

Last edited:
Twigglish, I love the idea for the thread.

Can you please make the text in the box easier to read for people on the light skin? (darker color?)

Great idea Twigglish!
I have:
  • Dead Space (origin/steam) - Gone
  • Populous
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Steam Key Gone
please specify in your PM if you want the key for Origin or Steam

Last edited:
ill be getting some games to add in a few days any request. may do a competition.

FYI, just to cross t's and dot i's, the mods have looked at this thread and approved, with the caveat that no money can ever change hands for games. This must remain a strictly giveaway thread.

So, carry on and thanks for being kind enough to do this for your fellow forum goers. :thup:

FYI, just to cross t's and dot i's, the mods have looked at this thread and approved, with the caveat that no money can ever change hands for games. This must remain a strictly giveaway thread.

So, carry on and thanks for being kind enough to do this for your fellow forum goers. :thup:

Guess I should have asked ahead of time, my bad! Glad we got approved though, yay.

Oh, this was me for me personally. I don't care what others require for their games. As it's their stuff, I believe they should be able to have their own requirements(if any).

As long as it's kept orderly and abides by Hokie's suggestions, go for it!

War of the Roses: Kingmaker Steam Key

I was going to ask for this key, but in reading some reviews, found out it is free to play. Downloading it now to try out tonight.

Edit: Free to play, but not all the features and servers are available in the free copy. I'm gonna spend a little more time playing and see if this is something I will stick with before I ask for a key.

Last edited:
I remember playing Serious Sam 1's demo...crazy yelling "people" with bombs as heads coming at you near a pyramid. It was strangely creepy, yet amusing at the same time. :thup:

Back