• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8, New start intro upon reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

Anyone know why Windows 8 will go to the "HI, Lets get started with Windows 8" first time introduction upon a normal system reboot? This doesn't happen all the time. Seems every once and a while I will reboot, and it will try to get me to set up my computer again. In the end, all I have to do it hit ctrl+alt+del to get the task manager to pop up, then it will take me to a blank desk top so I can reboot again. After I reboot from there, the comp is back to normal.

its just sorta annoying... anyone see this, and have a fix?

I've not seen this issue, but have you gone through the intro yet? Maybe it saves something in registry once you've completed it?

Only happened to me once and that is when I switched out RAM, it may do it if it detects a hardware change, have you switched out any components when this occurs?

Well, I did do a thorough cleaning of the registry and the some scans/optimizations. I guess that was it... hasn't done it after multiple shutdowns/reboots to test it since then.

Back