• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7600 GT Volt-Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Paging Dr. Bobnova, your next patient has arrived.

7600Front1.jpg

7600Back1.jpg

High-res front/back as requested :thup:

7600Back11.jpg

7600Front11.jpg

If you get me the numbers on those two parts, I'll find datasheets and let you know for sure.
Hit me up on AIM when you have 'em.

Core Controller: RT9218 PS8B7OF
Or PS8B70F

Mem Controller: RT9214 PS7MLOR
Or PS7ML0R

What should I use for ground?

Edit: I don't have AIM lol.

Last edited:
It was fluctuating but it looked to be ~25kohm. That's with no power.

That pin he highlighted is the 12V Vcc pin. I'll have to look through the datasheet a bit more though Bob could beat me to it :p

Whoops, forgot to post this before I went out. Here is what I came up with:

VCORE:
Vcore-mod.jpg

VMEM:
Vmem-mod.jpg

As the trimmer decreases in voltage, the Vout should increase in voltage. That pin I have highlighted is the FB pin which already has a resistor tied to ground to set the stock voltage.

What kind of trimmers should I get? Just a normal potentiometer?

Well, I'll let Bob chime in on that last bit, I'm not in a hurry here.

First voltmod, so I'm going to be running the card before doing anything.
Also, I know it'll be a bit until I can run, I'm about to get hard at school.

Operant has you aimed at the correct pins.
Measure the resistance to GND from those pins, then use a minimum 10 turn trimmer with a resistance ~15 times higher than the measured resistance.
If you measure 1kOhms, use a 15kOhm trimmer. If you have to, you can use a trimmer 10x the measured resistance, but be aware that this will increase the voltage significantly even when the trimmer is dialed to its highest resistance point.

Use the middle pin and one end pin, which end pin you use sets which direction will raise the voltage, lower resistance = higher voltage. Make ABSOLUTELY sure that the trimmer is set to the highest resistance between the two points you use before you turn the card on. Else, blammo.

5k VR will raise the volts even before adjusting the VR I would go next size bigger you can get a 25 turn 7.5k VR

The 10k VR is fine to use and you can get that in a 25 turn to if you want the VR's to match

5k VR will raise the volts even before adjusting the VR I would go next size bigger you can get a 25 turn 7.5k VR

The 10k VR is fine to use and you can get that in a 25 turn to if you want the VR's to match

Think the 10k would work fine for both? I can definitely get higher turn numbers.

You can stick with the 15 turn VR's i only mentioned 25 turn was because the 7.5k VR only comes in a 25 turn

Yeah i think a 10k VR would be fine to use it will just probably take 3-4 turns before you start to see the volts go up

Back