• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone here an MCITP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hey there guys. Was wondering if there were some fellow MCITP guys around here. I'm about 50% done with mine. Studying for my Server 2008 R2 Administration exam right now. Boy is it TOUGH!! How do you guys retain all the information??

And for those that are true IT Professionals for a career (System/Network/AD Administrators), how much do you guys use on a daily basis?

My biggest thing I'm having trouble with is learning all the Remote Desktop/Gateway, Remote Apps, Terminal Services, TS Broker Services, etc... basically all the Remote stuff. Do you guys have any advice for keeping it all straight?

Thanks!

-Dave

I recommend watching the CBT nugget videos for the exams if you can get ahold of them. I've started studying and it is a good balance between reading and watching/listening.

Side note for studying is to do it yourself, build a test lab and do it. A lot easier to remember that way.

CBT Nuget, Professor Messor, Trainsignal are pretty much the top resources. It is hard. And since I don't live in active directory or MS servers currently, I don't go for them. I trained on similar certs from the 2000 era, but most of those skills perished because my jobs never had me doing it anywhere near regularly.

You really do need to lab as that cert track is very time consuming!

Yes, it is VERY time consuming. I do do the labs and have the CBT Nuggets Videos, as well as about 200GB of other training books, etc. I even have a draft copy of the official MCITP curriculum from MS.

It's just a lot of stuff to remember! The Measureup tests are nothing like the videos though, that's the hardest part!

Back