• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Yet-to-get-final-name

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robert17

Premium Member
Here we go. I've posted some shop work practice runs previously regarding different tool uses for working out MB and case issues. Nothing extravagant but shoppy just the same.

Finally the image came together in my head, particularly now that my office has been remodeled (mostly, picking out the paint tonight or tomorrow). And have a little table set up to be my benching station. With that, I now need a benching station. Which this project will be an attempt to custom build.

'Nuff said. I started with an old case, pulled it apart and am starting with some sheet metal from the right side of the case. I've been gathering some hardware which you'll see in the following pix. I will be attempting to make this station as adaptable and versatile as possible.

I laid out the MB tray using the original MB tray as a template so as to get the holes for the standoffs positioned correctly. Used a needle punch to get started:

Project Log 002.JPG

Opened up the holes for 6-32 nut certs to 17/64":

Project Log 003.JPG

Then drew the nut certs into place; there's a top shot and an underneath pic:

Project Log 005.JPG

Project Log 006.JPG

I'm using nut certs due to the versatility of having deep well threads, unlike a "normal" MB. This way I can get more stability and use a wider range of threaded products to attache a MB, cold cup, or who knows, spy antennae???

Project Log 007.JPG

Project Log 0111 MB with descriptions.jpg

I have some brass plate and some steel sheet metal that I'm going to work into this. Got some articulating hose in mind too. Just need to find it....open to suggestions on that one.

Back from the dead. I've been picking at this, not fully immersed in it, but some progress has been made. I'm nearing the painting and assembly stage but don't expect progress to be any faster only 'cause it's hot (whine:rain:), was 107°F yesterday.

Simplicity, light weight, all used parts from old case(s); I've spent about $6.00 so far. Besides the Dremel my daughter gave me. But I expect to spend about $12-20 more on some articulating light/fan mounts. One of the other objectives has been to make sure it's a stable platform, versatile, and modifiable.

Kinda almost.JPG

Kinda almost 2.JPG

Back