• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leaderboards Updated 10/21* Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Memory competition - Intel-AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New leaderboards are up!! **10/21**

edit: keny and mandrake are now deadlocked for 7th place on the memory latency comp. I placed the Phenom II above the I5 because I'm oldschool like that :)

Last edited:
New leaderboards are up!! **10/21**

edit: keny and mandrake are now deadlocked for 7th place on the memory latency comp. I placed the Phenom II above the I5 because I'm oldschool like that :)

????

My latency is 39.5 I think, or does it have to be run with the rest of the mem read tests?

????

My latency is 39.5 I think, or does it have to be run with the rest of the mem read tests?

Sorry, my bad (and latency is a separate division, so does not need to be run with read/write/copy test). I was referring to your I5 rig versus Mandrake's Phenom II. Your Phenom II result incredible, I think placing you third overall in the latency division.

Just thought i would run a high speed test to see if they work better than lower speed and tighter timings.......they don't lol

Memory @3250
3200 copy.png

3200 read.png

3200 write.png

Last edited:
QuickFast|3570k|48.95GHZ|H100|tridentx2400cl9@2730

This is the best I could do,second pic is my sad attempt at the #2 spot had to stop before i killed something at least I got a better latency score LOL

Attachments

• a64-39.9.JPG
    a64-39.9.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 87
  • a64-test.JPG
    a64-test.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 94
good results guys thanks making this fun and enjoyable. also a wealth of good memory tips and tweaks. quickfast has this one in the bag, at least in the latency division. Woomack of course takes the bandwidth title. So for now we will say competition is "closing". Anyone is welcome to post up better results, just wont effect your placing on the leaderboards.

And that's a shame, because I just ordered up 8GB of g.skill Ripjaws X 2400Mhz DDR3 for the thuban (wanted to give keny and mandrake a run for their money). Someday, hopefully soon, I will get back to NY and out of this hospital, so I can send out the awards. I will get to that, it will just be delayed by a couple months.

Hopefully in the future we will have another round of AIDA64 benching...

:thup:

I'm just updating you guys here, and I am sorry I've not sent the winners their prizes, life has been very chaotic lately. I had been going back and forth to Boston (MGH) as my dad was fighting for his life. After a valiant six week struggle, he passed away with his family by his side on November 15, 2013 from congestive heart failure. We were hoping to get him a new heart, but sadly it just wasnt in the cards. He lived life to the fullest and didnt let his heart condition get in the way of enjoying the sports that he loved and if anyone is interested you can view the tribute video linked below. Dad's favorite sports were rock climbing and skiing, he loved the mountains and outdoors. He climbed the big walls in Yosemite and has countless first accents in the adirondacks. He was a leader and a tremendous sportsman and a man of faith, he was my best friend and we will miss him very much.

Sorry to hear Storm, family is always most important in life. It is tough when we lose someone, but remembering the good always helps keep a smile.

Sorry to hear that mate, sounds like your dad had a good life and didn't waste the time he was given.

Caddi Daddi/AMD FX8350/R=31947/W=22136/C=28973/L=50.6

I made some headway on mandrake and johan.

Awww man! Late for the party! *sigh* This is actually just what I came here for, questing for numbers and ram timing settings. It's really reassuring to find out that I'm actually doing pretty well. I was thinking that my numbers were off somewhere because of a few wonky benchmarks, but that's MaxxMem for you. I'd like to know what specific ram you were using there. Mine are G Skill RipjawsX F3-17000CL11-4GBXL's, can't get 9 CAS out of em. Here's what I have got though, just today...

2300Fast.jpg

And the other timings I was using...

FastTimes.jpg

Ram timings are still a bit of voodoo to me right now, but ah be a larnin! Much Read. Such Tired. There Getting.
Speaking of getting there... another approach to fast ram I tried today. Check the clock speed on the ram here, and good throughput as well! Still though, two big walls, that 2800+ NB frequency and basically anything past 30,000 MB/s. So why can you set the NB so bloody high if you're never gonna get even close?

GoodLord2650.jpg

AtomicNixon, welcome to the forum. Memory Ocing is fickle, it's dependent on a lot of factors. The Cpu's IMC, the quality of the Ic's in the Ram themselves, the board and the BIOS used can also have influence on it. Looking at your voltages you've done just about all you can do to try and run the timings tighter and the Cpu Nb freq higher. It's been a while since I've looked at this thread, I believe the sticks I used were my G. Skill Sniper 1866's 9-10-9's though I'm not 100% sure. They may also have been my Ripjaw 2133's which are really good sticks for OCing. My chip has a particularly weak IMC so I need a bunch of Cpu NB Voltage to run my Ram above 2k Mhz and the NB Freq in the 2600+ range.

If you want more answers on memory OCing you may want to post in the Memory section or the AMD cpu section as I feel you'll get more answers there.

Back