• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Surface pro 2 vs Venue 11 pro STYLUS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I really! Like the venue 11 pro's keyboard attachment. However my wife is a graphic designer and I have to wonder if the stylus on the surface pro 2 will be better than the one available for the venue 11 pro.

Can someone shed some light on the key differences?

Thanks!

I'm interested in comparing these two options as well, but for reasons other than the stylus. Sorry you haven't had any replies yet, but I guess it's hard to answer a question about things that haven't come out yet.
It'll be interesting to see reviews comparing things like the Venue, Surface Pro, and Ultrabooks.

Venue 11 Pro is up for pre-orders now. I have my eyes on an i3 Venue 11

Reception of the stylus on the Venue 8 Pro appears to be ranging from "poor to unusable", though apparently some have had success fixing it through software, or with using other pens. Apparently there's a firmware and/or driver update in the works to improve things?

So likely the Surface Pro 2's stylus is better for now, we'll see in a few weeks if the update fixes anything, since the Venue 11 is unlikely to differ much from the V8

Venue 11 Pro is up for pre-orders now. I have my eyes on an i3 Venue 11

Reception of the stylus on the Venue 8 Pro appears to be ranging from "poor to unusable", though apparently some have had success fixing it through software, or with using other pens. Apparently there's a firmware and/or driver update in the works to improve things?

So likely the Surface Pro 2's stylus is better for now, we'll see in a few weeks if the update fixes anything, since the Venue 11 is unlikely to differ much from the V8

Thanks for keeping an eye on this for me!

Well, that sucks. I was really hoping it would be just as good as the surface pro 2 :( I just used it today and was HIGHLY impressed. Too bad the pro 2 is so darn heavy :(

Yeah, the Surface pen interaction is really good (at least on the Surface 1, which I got to play around with, which I doubt has changed).

Although the firmware update is out, and apparently things are much improved, consensus seems to be its quite good for writing now (though definitely not good enough for art, aka Surface is still much better). Looking good.
Someone's youtube video

I placed an order for the i3 V11P last week, expected arrival late December (quite the backup o_O) for around $700 after a 10% coupon and some gift card offer shenanigans. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Back