• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

At my wits end

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ran a one pass enabled test, it ran for 2 min, on test 5 or 6 it had 27 iterations no errors and it restarted itself.

I ran a one pass enabled test, it ran for 2 min, on test 5 or 6 it had 27 iterations no errors and it restarted itself.

That's weird... I think the only thing that could cause memtest to fail / not run is hardware errors/failures...

I don't really know what to tell you... :confused:

Were you able to test the ram in another computer?

Silver_Pharaoh

Not so easy. Only other computer I have is sealed up. I did do the one stick at,a time though. One of them did not restart when I ran the tests. Two of them did. So I took the Last stick and put it in so I'm running on 8 gigs right now. Haven't tried it with the games that crash though. It just seems so weird. Red orchestra 2 uses the most ram of any of my games yet its only crashed once. Total war Rome 2 also runs fine and hasn't crashed. But brutal legend(uses like 3 gigs) crashed to, and I just re installed it

Hmmmm... This is wierd....

The only other way to test the memory (easily) is to make a Windows Recovery disk and boot from that. Then there should be and option for "Memory Diagnostics". Windows 7 comes with its own memory tester now, but it's last resort.
I don't have a webpage to link to for you this time, but if you type in repair in the start menu search box "Create a Windows Repair Disk" should show up. Run that.

No virus's right? All scans came back clean?
Silver_Pharaoh

Is it time to call out Mr. ShrimpBrime?

EDIT: Blacklist, it might be a good idea to start this as a new thread with a better description. It might attract the attention of some of our memory experts.

Is it time to call out Mr. ShrimpBrime?

EDIT: Blacklist, it might be a good idea to start this as a new thread with a better description. It might attract the attention of some of our memory experts.

Yup, I'm all outta idea's at this point...

At this point I'm guessing the OP has no viruses and is unable to run memtest still...

I'm lost :confused:

OP: Starting a new thread will most likely catch new attention.

Silver_Pharaoh

Good no virus's and such. :thup:
Still having the problems right? You should make a new thread for this.

Something like "Memtest won't run" or something like that--that will get the attention of the memory pro's here.

Put the new thread in the "Memory" section of the forums.

I'll be looking for the new thread to see if I can still help you out.
I wish I could tell you the reason this is happening, but I just don't have an answer for you now... :(

We'll get'r done and fixed!
Silver_Pharaoh

Back