• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Frog Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawken

Since OC has been invaded by hoards of frogs - lizards are on alert and mobilizing - I thought I would put in one good word about them - before they become road kill.

I spent a bit of time on IRC in their channel on DALnet. Got to admit, they are a decent bunch of guys. Enjoyed my chat with them, even though they are quite delusional that we will stay stomped.

I do want to thank them for their hospitallity while I was there - but now that I am in our forums, sorry frogs, but a grease spot I see behind us in the near future.

One last thing - SpeeDj - you've got a bunch of UTers over there. You may want to get an overclockers.com vs. athlonmb.com UT tournament going.

Personally I was not charmed by one or two of them, but the rest have been amiable. They do seem to be somewhat arrogant when it comes to their stats, but hey - ignorance is bliss. I'm working on getting approval to load the client at work and use task scheduler to handle it. My supervisor has several contacts at the Netherlands branch. All told we could theoretically bring as many as 500-600 systems into part time use. I ran some numbers very quickly and rough estimates put our potential production at approximately 8000 units per day. That's about double what they were doing when they had all of their top guys running at full speed.

TC said:
Personally I was not charmed by one or two of them, but the rest have been amiable. They do seem to be somewhat arrogant when it comes to their stats, but hey - ignorance is bliss. I'm working on getting approval to load the client at work and use task scheduler to handle it. My supervisor has several contacts at the Netherlands branch. All told we could theoretically bring as many as 500-600 systems into part time use. I ran some numbers very quickly and rough estimates put our potential production at approximately 8000 units per day. That's about double what they were doing when they had all of their top guys running at full speed.

Sounds good. At 8000 per day we could blow past the frogs so fast that if they blinked they would miss it - then we could go after Planet 3D Now - the only other team to blow past us :cool:

I would love to have your stats then Tim... as a matter of fact, I would like to have then now too... :rolleyes: :D

chawken said:
Since OC has been invaded by hoards of frogs - lizards are on alert and mobilizing - I thought I would put in one good word about them - before they become road kill.

I spent a bit of time on IRC in their channel on DALnet. Got to admit, they are a decent bunch of guys. Enjoyed my chat with them, even though they are quite delusional that we will stay stomped.

I do want to thank them for their hospitallity while I was there - but now that I am in our forums, sorry frogs, but a grease spot I see behind us in the near future.

One last thing - SpeeDj - you've got a bunch of UTers over there. You may want to get an overclockers.com vs. athlonmb.com UT tournament going.
Well as soon as I sort out my computer situation, got them back tonight. I will be sure to set up the server and offer the challenge, I am going to have cable reconnected so then it's all about a fragfest. Frog legs sounds kind of good right now.

So within a week I should be back up full swing and crunching, as well as catching some froglegs via some UT Fragging, you frogs up to the challenge or do I have to drag you out of the pond?

J

I would love to play some UT but I have recently gotten a new monitor (22" NEC) and everytime I play UT I get dizzy. But seriously, Chawken you are a cool guy and it was nice to see you on IRC. Good Luck and have fun crunchin...:D

Oreo (amdmb.com) has a GREAT server up called shamika! he runs his own team, shamikaSS but they ROCK! get him in on the action... in fact there is a thread in our gaming news section devoted to shamika server.

TC said:
I'm working on getting approval to load the client at work and use task scheduler to handle it. My supervisor has several contacts at the Netherlands branch. All told we could theoretically bring as many as 500-600 systems into part time use.

TC,

what do you guys use for remote software installation from a central location? i assume you have a setup for this considering the number of systems you are talking about. i am looking for a good way to do this at work as well.

lol i just unlocked my poor little TBird to help the team, its at 9x145=1305
stock 7.5x133=1000
mabye i should join the overclockers?? j/k id never join the dark side lol

well my goal is to get 1400 with air cooling only
for that i would need 9.5x148
and be at 1406, thas almost a 50% oc lol mmmmmmmmm toasty

Last edited:
TC said:
All told we could theoretically bring as many as 500-600 systems into part time use. I ran some numbers very quickly and rough estimates put our potential production at approximately 8000 units per day. That's about double what they were doing when they had all of their top guys running at full speed.
Damn that would squash us!!! But it would be hella cool!!! Good Luck getting it setup!!!

We use VNC at work on the local lan. I don't know about the other branch locations. I wouldn't be involved in that anyway - those guys would presumably join the team under their own accounts.

befw11s4 said:
stock 7.5x133=1000

What are you using for a hsf? Maybe a volt mod would get you a little higher.

only a POS volcano 6Cu, but im working on getting a delta for it, as it only has a 5k fan on it :-(

befw11s4 said:
stock 7.5x133=1000

What is the stepping of your CPU?
Which motherboard are you using?

Why don't you drop in over at "AMD CPU's" and "AMD MOTHERBOARDS"?

Over there you will find a lot of useful information as well as a lot of knowledgeable people to help get you pointed in the right direction.

By the way, I've got an AXIA-Y 1G T-BIRD that hit 1.4 rather easily on air.

Good Luck!

yeah my tbird sucks the lamas (edit whoops)ars, its an AYHJAR, dammit, i just realized that i didnt copy the right stuff down...
i had to back it off a little, but i might lap my HS, becasue i scratched it, and it wasnt that smooth, i have a MSI K7T266pro2

Go on over to "AMD MOTHERBOARDS", we have a section dedicated to MSI motherboards. Others with the same board can share experiences and help with tips and answers to problems pertaining to your particular board.

Good Luck!

PS, I've read of good results from the AYHJAR.

Last edited:
chawken said:

Sounds good. At 8000 per day we could blow past the frogs so fast that if they blinked they would miss it - then we could go after Planet 3D Now - the only other team to blow past us :cool:
lol.gif

... oc and amdmb are the funniest teams ever :D

[P3D]Amanheis said:

lol.gif

... oc and amdmb are the funniest teams ever :D

Ah, another delusional team invasion. Welcome to our forums [P3D]. Planet 3D Team shot up the ranks with the infusion of a couple of members, but your days are numbered. ;)

Seems you had a rapid jump up the ranks, but your daily production has fizzled out quite a bit. Keep a keen eye out in your rear view mirror as OC Seti is rising fast and hard :cool:

Again, welcome to our forums and we hope to hear from you more. Sorry, tissues are not supplied free here, better bring your own to dab those tears as we blow past you :burn:

Back