• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with family tech support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goose90proof

Cousins computer won't boot so I drive over to see what the issue is. It keeps booting to start up repair. I take it with me so i can work on it without distractions. I pop in a Win7 dvd slipstreamed with SP1 and the startup repair shows 1 installation of Windows. Startup repair scans for additional installations, and in the middle of this says it can repair and installation and needs reboot (at this point, I have not actually selected an installation from the menu). I reboot and startup repair is now showing 2 installations: Windows 7, Windows 7 Home Premium.

Both partitions are the exact same size. Why is it doing this?

Do both options work? If one or both do, you can configure that list with the "msconfig" utility, on the Boot tab.

Nah, I was able to get passed the startup loop and get into Windows Boot Options and both 'installations' are options for boot, but they both kick back to Startup Repair. Trying to do a clean install now. Haven't seen any memory errors yet, but neither have I run memory diagnostics at this point.

Back