• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

saving thumbnails from damaged images?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chop_wood

I have 200 photos , 100 which are damaged. However for the most part the thumbnails are ok. From my understanding its because they are basically two different images and the thumbnail doesnt get corrupted as often since it contains way less data. I want to know of an easy way to save the thumbnails as photos even though they are stupid small like 150x150 or something. But a memory is a memory for some people. Even though you can't really enlarge them it would be much better than having to look at just the actual thumbnails, for instance you cant print thumbnails very easily, and windows like to hijack the thumbnail with the corrupted image when your viewing them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_thumbnail_cache

Look in "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" - beyond that, not sure how to extract them from the .db file.

EDIT: Why on Earth is the forum adding a space in the middle of "Explorer"?
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
--------10--------20--------30--------40--------50--------60
I've heard of 80 column screens, and some email standards split at 72, and some programming styles recommend splitting at 40. Where did splitting at 50 come from, and why is the forum doing that anyway? Leave line-splitting up to the browser... (and split at a sane place like the backslash instead of the middle of a word)

Last edited:
Back