• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead USB ports?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pigpottomus

So apparently, i think my USB ports on my motherboard is dead. It is USB 3.0. First time I plugged in my keyboard, it didn't work, just thought that it was incompatible. Just today, since my mouse kept dying, I decided to plug them into those 2 ports, mouse didn't light up or anything. Decided to try and plug my USB into it and same thing, no light indicator where its suppose to be. I also came across something today. Found this in Device Manager: the two first USB root Hub has the Exclamation point to it.

Capture1.jpg

Could this be the reason why? Also it was installing new USB drivers or something the other day and there was two that said it wasn't able to be installed. If they are broken, im just going to bring it back to MC to exchange it, luckily i bought warranty! :attn: Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: So unfortunately, whenever i turn off my computer or restart it, the USB ROOT HUB keeps on needing to be installed again and again. Whenever i install the Asmedia drivers to it, its ok, then either computer off or restart it needs to be installed again.. Whats the problem now?

Last edited:
I just checked out your board and the USB 3 are just like mine if you haven't installed the Asmedia USB driver that's probably the issue.

Ah!! Alright thanks for letting me know, Ill report back when I install that. :D
Edit: Hey!! Thanks so much for that! It works now. :D I downloaded the all in one the other day and i guess i must of not installed. Thanks again!! :salute::salute::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Back