• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA Announces a Date for the GTX 780 Ti & Price Cuts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is great news. I wonder if we'll see even cheaper prices on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

I was thinking of getting a GTX 780 until EarthDog mentioned that he couldn't go ultra on Crysis 3 -- although he didn't mention what resolution he was running at. I haven't gone green since the GeForce 2/GTS.

I have almost DOUBLE the pixels you have, I just learned. I run at 2560x1440 versus your 1600x1200 or 1280x1024.

for those that have never touched the cooler on the gtx690/titan/some 780's, they are a thing of beauty and feel like no other gpu ever made. this makes me want one of these at that price

HOLY COW! So now that just screwed up my plan..... Was going to get a r9-280x or maybe a r9-290. But FINALLY the gtx 770 is in my price budget and it comes with some fricken GREAT games. I'm a current AMD fan but wanted to get a nVIDIA if i could afford it.

HOLY COW! So now that just screwed up my plan..... Was going to get a r9-280x or maybe a r9-290. But FINALLY the gtx 770 is in my price budget and it comes with some fricken GREAT games. I'm a current AMD fan but wanted to get a nVIDIA if i could afford it.

I will expect AMD will respond with another price drop of some kind maybe not 150$ but probably 50$ or so to match nvidia's 780.

I assume they will leave the 280x where it is though and then quickly release another "AMD NEVER SETTLE FOREVER" Gaming bundle with more games to counter the value added on these nvidia cards.

I will wait abit longer and see but this has also changed my thought process aswell i may buy a 780 if the 290x stays around 550+$ or the 590$ its currently at in canadian retailers which is total bs tbh because the 780GTX Nvidia cards are also $499 here and one is onsale for $480.

This makes me so sad, just got a 780 about 2 months ago :(
You should have known they would drop though the 780 prices were obviously gouging and unrealistic the prices would have dropped 5hrs after you bought your card if amd had released theirs that day.

Its a lesson to people , Don't buy overpriced poop from computer hardware companies.

So I guess they just admitted they have been over charging? :shrug:

I've been leaning towards AMD for my BF4/COD upgrade but at least this gives me options...

So I guess they just admitted they have been over charging? :shrug:

I've been leaning towards AMD for my BF4/COD upgrade but at least this gives me options...

I never thought about it that way. I wonder if Nvidia has already more than broke even on the R&D costs for developing the GK110?

A GTX 780 is not poop. :sly:
Overpriced? Yes. It was. $499 is reasonable though.

lol its all poop after a year or two how much you got fleeced for is proportionately equal to how bad you will feel at that time :p.

and it was a figure of speech i just didn't want to use the other word in respect for ocf.

kinda like "i have all this old computer _____ in my basement"

Back