• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air 540 WC Build Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've replaced the red ripjaws with blue ares ram so it all matches. I also got some pictures with a real camera, but I"m still no photographer.

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

I feel I've done a good enough job that I look at it every time I walk past it :)

I my have to do something to ventilate the back half of the case more. Socket temps are high and the HDD I had to put back there runs between 40 and 45C so I'd like to see both of those go down.

It's pretty cool being able to change the lighting color whenever I want, so the hue was a worthwhile investment for sure.

Great choice in colors and theme. That thing looks amazing. Job well done Bamato, job well done! :clap:

So I'm trying to figure out a way to squeeze two more fans in up top (for push pull). I'm going to have to modify the case somehow, as the placement of the reservoir doesn't allow me the space required to mount them already. Any fellow 540 owners have any ideas? I'm going to have to mod the top plate somehow, and I don't mind if it bumps it outward slightly, I just want it to still look fairly stock and not "hacked".

I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading my mobo for more stable power delivery, but I'm not sure if I want to redo all the pipework. What are my chances that the CPU and GPU would land in the same place? lol

I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading my mobo for more stable power delivery, but I'm not sure if I want to redo all the pipework. What are my chances that the CPU and GPU would land in the same place? lol

Why not just say screw it and go X99 or another GPU. lol

That thing still looks amazing.

GPU will be in the same spot. CPU will either be in the same spot and/or very close.

Worst case, you redo two pipes.

CPU should be similar if not spot on. The GPU will be another story and it depends on the motherboard you choose as to where the first PCIe x16 slot starts. Some boards sneak a x1 slot there pushing the first PCIe slot down. ;)

Why? Are you looking to push it further then 4.6?

Why not? ;)

I'm debating on whether to go with a crosshair or sabo. But neither have the blue color scheme I need :-/

I still need to iron out fitting two more fans up top. REALLY want that rad push/pull instead of just push.

Why not? ;)

I'm debating on whether to go with a crosshair or sabo. But neither have the blue color scheme I need :-/

I still need to iron out fitting two more fans up top. REALLY want that rad push/pull instead of just push.

Well you have the cooling that's for sure.

Back