• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taskmanager....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainMaQer

3D God
Just curious if someone could help me decide which of these processes can be killed. I'm trying my darndest to speed up this comp and aside from the fact that the mobo has a VIA chipset ;) all is going well so far. Any suggestions?

I don't think you can kill any of them. Plus none of them are CPU hogs, so getting rid of them isn't going to speed anything up. Are you running low on RAM or something? Looks like you are running Outlook Express (msimn.exe) and that is a big memory hog.

- Fade

Can it be true??? Somebody not running SETI??? :D
System idle process = 99% CPU usage

Well, I don't recognize anything in there that I would kill so you should be fine..

As long as you install SETI :rolleyes: :D :D :D
JigPu

JigPu said:
Can it be true??? Somebody not running SETI??? :D
System idle process = 99% CPU usage

Well, I don't recognize anything in there that I would kill so you should be fine..

As long as you install SETI :rolleyes: :D :D :D
JigPu

Go check the "Rank Jumper" page on the team site ;)

I don't know why Outlook was running... didn't want to be killed either. Thanks for the help... I wasn't sure if some of them needed killed or not. I'm doing good on mem just curious if killing some would help anywhere. Thanks again.

Back