• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 290X and 290 Owners Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well then dont buy another brand and expect a unlock as all other brands are failing to unlock.

for me the 150-250$ difference in price was a bit much to justify the performance difference anyways so i said screw it and went with a potentially unlock able powercolor card in a hope that it will work so far i haven't seen any failures posted.

I found a used 290X that does 1300 on water for the same $ as having a new 290 shipped to me, think I should take it?
Less risk and no need to fiddle with unlocks or DOA cards while at it...

Thought you bought one already? And if it's the same price you would already have the money?

I'm gonna post my first results in a couple of
days...local guy was selling a cheap used 290 non x after benching it so I figured, what the hay!? :p

Better pony up quick Mr. OP of the 290/290x owners thread that doesn't own one... :p :clap:

Haven't bought one yet...Someone said I should make the club so I did.
Looks like I'll get the flagship this time around and a fullcover wb. :D
I'll have a 290 for a few days though, a friend is lending me it.
I'll make sure to post benchies and see if it unlocks to 290X.

I thought all of the GPUs so far were reference? If so, how can there be such a variance in unlocking? What parts of manufacturing or production are done by AMD and which parts are by the AIB?

Yeah, so I heard...but still a crapshoot. Maybe you could keep returning them to the Egg but that wouldn't be fair. xD

Man, I'm excited to try the 290, but I really want that 290X that does 1300+. :p

I got my R9 290 (sapphire)

I benched: 11260p at 3dmark11

Then i oc'd the card 10% in Amd command centre
and benched: 15500p on 3dmark11.

Thats pretty nice.

Running stable and same temps.

I havent tried going higher yet.

Sorry im a bit new to the bios thingy, but is there any confirmed bioses for my card that gives a greater performance boost without messing my card up?

I got my R9 290 (sapphire)

I benched: 11260p at 3dmark11

Then i oc'd the card 10% in Amd command centre
and benched: 15500p on 3dmark11.

Thats pretty nice.

Running stable and same temps.

I havent tried going higher yet.

Sorry im a bit new to the bios thingy, but is there any confirmed bioses for my card that gives a greater performance boost without messing my card up?

You can look for an Asus bios at techpowerup, and use gputweak to oc with it. Welcome to the club, if you want submit your info with the format in the first page.

I am being very patiently waiting to buy a non-reference model. I just built my first rig a week ago, and no video card to play BF4 :(. Will the non-reference cards be about $600? Will it be the best performance:price ratio out there?

Thanks for all who answer..

When I look at the prices, necessary cooling change and average overclocking/test results on ambient temps then I'm starting to think about GTX780 ...

Back