• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Atlanta Botanical Garden

Canon 60D with 50mm f/1.4

ISO 800, f/4, 1/50 sec, flash off
IMG_0858.jpg

ISO 100, f/1.4, 1/200 sec, flash off
IMG_0907.jpg

Try as I might, I just couldn't get a very good pic of the cobra. Played around for quite a while, took lots of photos, and it just wasn't to be.

Last edited:
Atlanta Botanical Garden

Canon 60D with 50mm f/1.4

ISO 800, f/4, 1/50 sec, flash off
View attachment 136530

ISO 100, f/1.4, 1/200 sec, flash off
View attachment 136531

Try as I might, I just couldn't get a very good pic of the cobra. Played around for quite a while, took lots of photos, and it just wasn't to be.

Still a good shot.
Love that cobra, looks figgin awesome! :thup:

Great shots Dark_n_Beyond!

Old Car City, which is an amazing place. hokie, if you ever get down that way, you really need to check it out. Spent 4 hours there yesterday, and I doubt we saw 20% of it.

Canon 60D, 40mm (f/2.8), iso 400, f/4, 1/200 sec
IMG_1146.jpg

Wow! So it's just a place with a bunch of old cars? I'd like to visit that one day.

Nice shot :thup:

The guy has 34 acres, with 6 miles of "trails". I think he said there are somewhere around 4500 pre-1972 vehicles on the property. Some are so buried in pine straw and kudzu you'd never even know they were there, but there are more photos to be taken than I can still even imagine. They used to run it as a junkyard selling parts, etc., but he makes more money just charging admission. It's $25 for amateur photographers, but I thought it was worth it for the day. We had planned on spending the whole day there last Saturday, but got rained out. Managed to get there for a few hours yesterday, and I'll definitely be going back in the future. You'll be seeing more photos for sure. I may have to post an album somewhere when I get home.

Couple more from Old Car City....

Canon 60D, 40mm (f/2.8), iso 400, f/5.6, 1/15 sec, Converted to black and white because I kind of liked it.
IMG_1120.jpg

Canon 60D, 40mm (f/2.8), iso 400, f/2.8, 1/800sec
IMG_1103.jpg

I need to get up to White for a day. The wife & I need to dust off the camera too! Old cars lend themselves to over-the-top HDR IMO. :) Here's one using a trial version of photomatix.
Canon T3i, 18mm (18-55 kit lens), iso 100, f/8, 1/6 - 0.6 - 2.5sec
Olds_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I need to get up to White for a day. The wife & I need to dust off the camera too! Old cars lend themselves to over-the-top HDR IMO. :) Here's one using a trial version of photomatix.
Canon T3i, 18mm (18-55 kit lens), iso 100, f/8, 1/6 - 0.6 - 2.5sec

Cool pic. :) I'm not one for doing much post, I don't have the know-how, time or patience for it. That being said, you're right - and I do have some shots that are screaming for some embellishment, so I may have to experiment a little.

I think it was a pretty good time to go there. No bugs, no critters, and I'm thinking you can see a lot more now than you'll be able to in summer.

When taking your image that you'd like to give an HDR effect, you take 3 bracketed images in manual mode. One image is properly exposed, one is +2, one is -2 exposure (you can also use something like Lightroom to create over exposed and under exposed pics from one good pic). HDR is pretty easy because you just import those 3 images and the software does most of the rest.

Photomatix is one of the best paid HDR software. I liked Luminance HDR freeware too, but was a little harder to figure out.

I can imagine this is a good time to go to White with all the underbrush dead for the winter.

Nice composition DnB. Love the mist on the water too.

Which lake that? It looks like it could be Jackson.

and Murray Christmas everyone!

MurrayXmas.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. That was last Tuesday morning at Swan Lake in Stockbridge, which is where I actually stay when I'm down that way. I've been to Jackson a couple of times, which is a nice lake by the way, and that could have easily been taken there.

Great pic, JLK! :thup: Cats sure do love those trees!

Back