• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A few shots from Castillo San Cristobal, one of the two forts on either side of Old San Juan. All shot with a 6D and a 40mm pancake lens.

Not sure if you listen to yanni (Live from the Acropolis) but he recently did a once in a life time show there. Now he's on his way to do a show at the Great Pyramids of Giza in Egypt.

Iguanas are not native to Puerto Rico, and have no natural enemies on the island. It's believed they were introduced as pets, and now outnumber people. They've become a huge problem there, and nobody knows what to do about it. Not being from there, I just thought they were cool. This one was particularly laid back, and let me get within a couple feet.

IMG_2488.jpg

The business end of the world's largest single reflector radio telescope in Arecibo. This whole thing is suspended over a 1000 foot reflector dish, which isn't much to look at. The dome houses the transmitting/receiving equipment, and moves along the rail, which also rotates. For an idea of the size, for anyone who hasn't seen it in the movies, the dome is 6 stories tall.
IMG_2373.jpg

I was one of two photogs. I was the main photog for the bride whose face you can see. The reason they had two is I don't have a second shooter and was not able to be at two places at once. I went with the one I was shooting for when she was getting her hair done, getting ready and so forth. So I told the bride's they may want to find someone to get pics of the other bride getting ready.

Last night's aurora was off the hook. Too bad someone forgot to put his camera back into RAW mode from JPEG medium :bang head

DSC_2177.jpg

That's still awesome, I wish we could see it like that here in southern Ontario

Here in the hot Detroit summers the street lights reflect the smog to give a slight aurora appearance. :\

The business end of the world's largest single reflector radio telescope in Arecibo. This whole thing is suspended over a 1000 foot reflector dish, which isn't much to look at. The dome houses the transmitting/receiving equipment, and moves along the rail, which also rotates. For an idea of the size, for anyone who hasn't seen it in the movies, the dome is 6 stories tall.
That is my favorite movie and videogame ever :)

Last night's aurora was off the hook. Too bad someone forgot to put his camera back into RAW mode from JPEG medium :bang head

Stunning image, OW. We sometimes get a glimpse here, but nothing like the the pics you post.

My last pic from Puerto Rico, the view from my balcony the last night I was there. Unfortunately, it started raining shortly after this pic was taken, so I didn't get a chance to get down on the beach for some pics.
IMG_2583.jpg

Rummaged through the RAID array this afternoon and found this shot, originally dismissed by yours truly for being way too overexposed. I couldn't get it looking right after I took it. All I needed to do was go B&W, and presto - problem solved.

This is why I rarely delete stuff, even if I don't like what I get on shooting days. It's also why I shoot RAW 95% of the time.

DSC_8886.jpg

Shot the same night as the spooky house aurora shot. The light at the base of the cross is a solar lamp somebody left up there on the hill.

DSC_2209.jpg

Back