• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found a watch-smith specializing in vintage pieces to service it a few years ago (after my mother gifted it to me) & I wind it for a few days every couple of months. It keeps great time too. My grandfather's initials are on the back, so that's special since he died six years before I was born.

It has the original box & serial number card. It was $65.00 back then, which was a more affordable Hamilton. Their least expensive models were $45 and went up to $250-$300 for the solid gold case models.

This, and my late Dad's Omega, got me into mechanical watch collecting. It is just fascinating that people can make these incredible movements.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Quite possibly the most heartbreaking abandoned house I know of. Today is the first time I've actually gone up to shoot it... these shots are basically scouting shots. I'll get the good stuff when I go out here for future sunrises.

As far as I know, this was built for a local teacher. It was abandoned and never completed sometime in the 70s or 80s. Looking inside the place is asking to be depressed the rest of the day... it's like they just up and left, leaving everything there.

DSC_8504.jpg

DSC_8513.jpg

These lifeless pics give me the creeps. Especially those abandon towns or homes. Its like a nuclear aftermath. I don't know........(Positive thinking, positive, positive.......gasp)

I will say great locations for movie making.

Last edited:
I suppose I could always stop posting 90% of my stuff :p

I'd love to buy that place and finish it. Seriously. As much as I want to save that other abandoned house I keep shooting, that one at least gave two different families a good home over the years. This one never really had that chance. Structurally it looks rock solid, so it could be completed I'm sure.

I love your shots of abandoned places. Sure, they're sad, but they make for compelling subjects. Keep up the good work!

Guess who got back from a vacation on Sunday...

T3, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, 55mm focal, f/10, 1/250 sec, ISO-100
IMG_2960_Small.jpg
Flickr Link

Last edited:
Austin, see that rock cliff on the left side of your pic? See the trees at the top of the cliff? Yea, you can build my house right there buddy. LOL

Austin, see that rock cliff on the left side of your pic? See the trees at the top of the cliff? Yea, you can build my house right there buddy. LOL

That's NOTHING of a cliff compared to what I saw, just hang in there for more on later days :p

I'm trying out a new to me open source RAW image editor - RawTherapee. Whaddaya think?

This was taken last night while I was out in the middle of nowhere waiting for the clouds to go away so I could get in on the aurora action of the last few days. Never happened, so I used the synthetic aurora from all the oil patch lights out there.

Very hard shot to get, even with my 28mm f2.8... I need a camera with better low light performance for this kind of thing. A D750 would do nicely.

DSC_8600.jpg

Water standing in an old boat, frozen completely solid.

T3, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 55mm focal, f/10, 1/125 sec, ISO-100
IMG_3047_Small.jpg
Flickr Link

Last edited:
Holy trinity church... burial place of George Stephenson.

DSC_1165.jpg
looking a tad moody and gothic...

DSC_1168.jpg

my apologies I couldn't get a full shot... too much obstruction from mature trees and I wasn't going to stand in the middle of a pretty busy road to get a decent shot. lol

yes that's right he invented the rocket... or early steam chu chu to the layman.

rocket.jpg

industrial revolution a go go :D

stephenson_rocket_sketch.jpg

I think he commissioned the building of the church also... have to check that word of mouth factoid out. quite common for gentry to commission the building of churches way back 1800`s

Some rocks at the edge of Quidi Vidi lake. The way the ice had built up was really neat.

T3, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, 121mm focal, f/10, 1/640 sec, ISO-100
IMG_3041_Small.jpg
Flickr Link

Last edited:
I'm trying out a new to me open source RAW image editor - RawTherapee. Whaddaya think?

This was taken last night while I was out in the middle of nowhere waiting for the clouds to go away so I could get in on the aurora action of the last few days. Never happened, so I used the synthetic aurora from all the oil patch lights out there.

Very hard shot to get, even with my 28mm f2.8... I need a camera with better low light performance for this kind of thing. A D750 would do nicely.

Very cool shot, has sort of a steampunk wasteland vibe to it.

Back