• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So many amazing shots Jeremy. So many in fact I've been going back and saving them into a folder for my backgrounds here at work . I really dig your work.

Then I stumbled on this shot you posted back in March. I had to double check myself. You posted about how tall you are, but never mentioned that you were translucent. Is this trick photography, just an illusion, or are you really a ghost that actually lives in all these haunted houses you keep shooting?

Heh - that was a 30 second exposure... I only stood there for 20 seconds or so, then moved out of the shot to get that effect.

No shortage of bad weather this year. Presenting: tiny abandoned house under hugenormous wall cloud.

Shot today - we're still under a tornado watch, but I expect that won't last long. We never had really high potential today. Just enough for this shot and that's it.

DSC_4564.jpg

As a dual US/Canadian citizen, I really wanted some fireworks last night. Got 'em thanks to nature.

DSC_5029.jpg

Midnight monster. Taken a few minutes after my last posted image.

I think that storm knew I was there...

DSC_5041.jpg

These two are just different creative interpretations of the photo above. That was was what I saw, as best I could reproduce it on camera (Very Bright Light ...the freakin' SUN head-on... is somewhat of a challenge!) The first is a filter about whose name I forgot; it's one of the default Lightroom preset filters. The second is B&W preset #2.

28075359056_af79386931_b.jpg Roanoke Sound Sunset Filtered by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

28006622672_ec0a5c2fea_b.jpg Sunset Over Roanoke Sound - Black & White by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

Thus ends my beach photos...I really DID leave the camera alone and just enjoy the beach this year. :)

Wurlitzer after dark. This shot cost me two tires, $40 in gas, and considerable frustration. Some days I don't know why I do this...

DSC_5299.jpg

Have some more lightning, OCForums. I'm glad these storms came to me - it's been a rough week.

DSC_5423.jpg

Last edited:
Nature was feelin' froggy today. This storm was tornado warned for 3 hours - I watched and chased it for half that time. Can't say for sure that's a twister on the left, but it's roughly when the warning was issued.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was. This was one nasty storm... lots of rotation back in there.

DSC_5455.jpg

Last night. I think I've now shot more lightning this year than the last two years combined. I ain't complaining.

DSC_6758.jpg

Back