• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's not a shed, that's an outhouse. Although, some people do tend to use them as libraries...

Salvaged no11

dscf1263.jpg

looking across the Yantra river towards the city Veliko, Bulgaria.

Straightened the image up... must have been on the pop the night before I took that :D
Oddly I feel far worse today than any pop session... think I`m dying from manthrax :rain:

There was a big white plastic bucket on the front seat, so I plopped my big LED searchlight down next to it and used it as a diffuser :D

well the way it highlights the framework is a nice attention to detail given how vivid the light show in the skies is.
white bucket diffuser magic :cool:

:D

Picked up a new toy this morning, and decided to give it a try on this afternoons hike. There weren't many birds around for some odd reason, but there were a few tree swallows fighting over a birdhouse. Fast little buggers, they are, and they don't stop! I waited almost a half an hour for one to land, and it only stayed there a couple of seconds. Anyway, here's the only clear photo I managed to take of one today, and it's a 100% crop. Not bad.

6D, Tamron SP 70-300 @ 300mm, f/5.6, ISO 100, 1/1600sec.
IMG_0566.jpg

Found a nice setting for this BRZ at VIR. I didn't have my polarizing filter on at this point :(

60D, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, 55mm focal, f/4, 1/500 sec, ISO-100
IMG_0194_Small.jpg
Flickr Link

This place is at least a 20 minute hike from the nearest road, so I've been putting off shooting here. Ran out of excuses not to do it today. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to bring the CPL filter with me.

DSC_9235.jpg

I don't use mine nearly as often as I could or should. It's a pain to use it with my 18-55 as I did today because the filter mount rotates with the focus ring. Since I usually manually focus, it gets aggravating to use it with that lens.

Of course, such problems don't exist when I use my manual lenses. I only had the 50mm AI-S with me though - not wide angle enough. Next time I'll just take the 28mm. Northern lights would look amazing at that house.

I don't use mine nearly as often as I could or should. It's a pain to use it with my 18-55 as I did today because the filter mount rotates with the focus ring. Since I usually manually focus, it gets aggravating to use it with that lens.

Of course, such problems don't exist when I use my manual lenses. I only had the 50mm AI-S with me though - not wide angle enough. Next time I'll just take the 28mm. Northern lights would look amazing at that house.

This is why I bought both of my main lenses as STM. The 18-55 and 55-250 both have stationary focal rings, which is AMAZING.

Yeah, I'd like to get a superzoom with a stationary mount one of these days for all my general shooting like I did today. Thing is, I'm not sure if the next camera will be APS-C or full frame. No sense buying any more lenses until I make that decision. Although I do have my eye on another Nikkor prime I want. Something in a fast 105mm, which would make perfect sense for portraits if I went full frame...

How about another shot from the same house? This one talked me into giving it the grayscale treatment.

DSC_9281.jpg

Back