• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Small brewery on the Quidi Vidi harbor.

T3, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, 55mm focal, f/10, 1/200 sec, ISO-100
IMG_2995_Small.jpg
Flickr Link

Last edited:
West of Saskatoon, there's a ghost town by the name of Bents. Until today, I'd never shot there before and I didn't have time to wait for the best light. So I went grayscale.

This shot looks down where the rail line used to run.

DSC_8695-1.jpg

Next time I'll have to get some shots in the town itself. It's extremely photogenic. As it was, I had no time for that yesterday.

Had to go play with the new camera today. I figured a good place would be Como Zoo and Conservatory. The Primate house is pretty dimly lit, and you have to shoot through glass, but what the heck....
This little guy came right up to the glass for me.

6D, Sigma 105mm Macro, ISO 12800, f/11, 1/60sec

IMG_0189.jpg

Very nice Dave. How did you get him to stop moving? They never sit still long.

He seemed to be fascinated with my watch, believe it or not.

Holy ISO Batman! That's a serious ISO setting & the image doesn't have that high ISO look either. Nice.

High ISO performance of the 6D I have to say, is pretty amazing, coming from the 60D which is horrid. I never really got to play with the Instigators in low light, so I was playing around with mine last night. As variable is the lighting is in different buildings at Como, I just decided to cap ISO at 12800 and put it in auto-ISO and see what happened. I might have bumped up the in camera ISO NR to high, but to me it makes pictures look "plastic". I didn't have to do too much more in lightroom.

Here's a teaser cell phone pic from my vacation (100's on the T3i to organize). This is from the rooftop restaurant in my hotel in Istanbul Turkey.

IMG_0572.JPG

A nice ice wall at Middle Cove.

T3, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 18mm focal, f/10, 1/60 sec, ISO-100
IMG_3127_Small.jpg
Flickr Link

Last edited:
Here's a teaser cell phone pic from my vacation (100's on the T3i to organize). This is from the rooftop restaurant in my hotel in Istanbul Turkey.

I have a photo with permission I may be able to share of my native Istanbul lady friend having a Turkish coffee in the snow a few weeks before you were there by the sounds. :)

but for now here`s a picture of me outside my mushroom house in 1970 something with my sister... and they think I dress bad and look stupid now :-/

11049549.jpg

As for my lady friend... she`s lived in Turkey, US and UK. matters not I`ll chase her round the planet a good few times. worth it :)

93e1a0b1c3e458f58c3d3cc1bf8d7bd0b2698d55103e37fa3e8a0f38844f9bdd.jpg

:D

^^^pretty. takes me back to pulling thousands of those pollen heads off a white variety we used to get delivered from Amsterdam for the florist/coffee shop. so the pollen didn't fall off and stain the petals... hours of fun. not :)

18mm, 1/100sec, f/18, ISO 100
Here's the same shot on the roof, but with the canon. Much better than a iphone4! lol

Bobby, love That 70's Show pic.

IMG_5366.JPG

Just got done post processing my panorama shot of Swift Current, SK, at sunrise. This was shot on Thursday AM before I ultimately ended up shooting the Bents grain elevator.

Taken at the site of a long gone TV station I grew up watching as a kid. I moved to Swift Current in 1980 from Kansas, and spent most of my childhood there. Very pleased to have had one of our million dollar sunrises the day I went through there, because it's 90 minutes away from where I live now.

DSC_8671-2.jpg

I`m recycling some favourites that Imageshack made unavailable from a thread a few years back when they started to arm bend folk for premium service :-/

PD1.jpg

This way OCF gets to control its content... down with third party image hosts! Grrr... (lights torch... sharpens pitch fork) :D

Welcome to the Derbyshire peak district... hope you appreciate I had to walk a hell of a long way to get that shot... aint no roads, houses or a deal of people up there... just sheep and people that aren't scared to die to get a good view. lol
(being native I can handle myself and the weather that may turn a day out into air rescue missions) :rofl:
you get funny looks with all these survivalist kitted out then local boy here is in jeans and a T-shirt climbing rocks with no rope. :D
I knew the weather would hold so death by denim wasn't an issue that day... and there's plenty of meat on the two friends that accompanied me... hmm, best friend jerky. :drool:

I`ll do one a day :salute:

location Edale.

Last edited:
The little guy stopped moving momentarily, and I was able to get two pics of him. Not much time to mess with anything, just point and click. No editing, as that won't happen until I finish building my computer.

D810, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 @200, ISO 640, F/7.1, 1/640

DSC_0803-l.jpg

Back