• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice shot Hokie, I really like how you picked up the coloring of the stone.

Oh and looking for an new SD card for my camera, I need something faster then I have. When I'm shooting my lil guys baseball games, if taking continuous shots it will stop shooting. I'm using an old 1g Crutial SD card right now I don't even think there's a speed rating on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Pretty much any SDHC/SCXC card would work. I use a 64GB card by Kingston. It's really nice, but also not cheap ($90 at Newegg). I forget which camera you have, but most Canons top out at 40MB/s, so shoot for a 40MB/s write card - Class 10 or UHC I, but not the ultra high end.

Canon Rebel XSI I see a PNY PNY Elite Performance 16GB on Amazon for 8.99 probably more speed then I need but it's $8.99. Thanks Hokie.

Your camera will be the limiting factor, in this case. Canon never published the write speed, but I researched this a couple of years ago. I ended up finding someone who actually got a response from Canon, and they stated a write speed of 14.3MB/s. I don't do much burst shooting, so I don't concern myself with speed so much. read speed will make a difference when transferring to your computer though. The cards I use are these. 3 year warranty, and I don't know anyone who's ever had a problem with them.

Last edited:
Nice shot Jeremy, I feel it could be brightened a touch though. (especially the B&W)

In my opinion B&W looks best when there's a lot of detail to show. I feel like there's more detail in the color shot. Very nice shot.

I like the B/W though I like most B/W shots, that said damn the coloring on the stone is really nice.

Sometimes, a foggy evening ruins a shot. Other times, fog makes the shot.

Taken this evening. Shaunavon, SK, grain elevators backlit by some fireworks.

DSC_5086_S.jpg

Took a set with a friend's camera this weekend. Here's one of quite a few.

T4i, EF 50mm, f/6.3, 1/400 sec, ISO 100
IMG_3645_Small.jpg

Playing with some geometry at a local community center. Luminance slider at zero, CA at default (25 IIRC), ISO 12,800. I thought the grain added to the feeling, but more importantly it kept the fine detail (in the brick) instead of destroying it with NR.

70D, EF-S 18-135mm @ 106mm, f/5.6, 1/60 sec, ISO 12,800

15738472149_bbe0b2443e_b.jpg Fun with Geometry by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

In the 12 years I've been living here, I don't think I ever saw a sunrise as glorious as we got this morning. I almost didn't go out to shoot it. Almost. Very glad I changed my brain on that.

DSC_5525.jpg

DSC_5606.jpg

Back