• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^^ sure its the same place within the city walls. :)
it stood out for me two... my builder friend and myself both dashed over for a quick look because we recognised it was still standing from well before most elements in old York :)

Its been about ten years since I was there, but it looks quite familiar! ****, I can't believe that its already been ten years since I went to england... Where did the time go?

Ok, these are the last two from our day at the museum. No, there is not a cardinal exhibit! These guys were just hanging out on the Dinosaur Trail (exhibit with full size dino reproductions). These were also my first birds with the 55-250 STM and, again, for the money this lens really impresses. That said, the male photo is not impressive in itself...I just grabbed it because I was intrigued by how puffed up he was.

20606220788_63872b25d3_b.jpg Male Cardinal by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

This one - a female - was a much more cooperative subject.

20794216605_50ac2a687a_b.jpg Female Cardinal by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

Today's lesson... never delete the "unrecoverable" shots. This one was ISO 1600, handheld, using my kit lens. Couldn't get anything out of it the first time I tried to post process it.

DSC_5284.jpg

I'm kind of overdoing the people thing this week, so I'll wrap it up with this one. I wasn't going to post it, but what the hell. Not the greatest pic, but there's something about it I really like, I just can't put my finger on it. On a side note, an EF-85mm 1.8 showed up today, so I might have to go back out to the RenFest this weekend and try it out :D

6D, Sigma 105mm macro, ISO 100, f/3.2, 1/320sec
IMG_1910.jpg

D&B, those are all very nice candid shots. Candid/portrait is not an easy thing to master - at least for me. You seem to being doing a really good job at it. :)

Thank you, JLK... very kind of you to say. I find it very challenging, and have gained a lot of respect for street photographers. There's just so much to think about in such a short time... exposure, backround, and focus, and you might only get about 2 seconds to get it right. My Sigma macro lens takes some pretty respectable images, but it's autofocus can be pretty slow, which has caused me to miss some great shots. I've found that people are pretty gracious for the most part, and as soon as they notice you they'll stop what they're doing, look directly at the camera and strike a pose and flash a smile, which is just not what I'm after. The first pic I posted this week, of Twig the Fairy, is an example. It's a good pic, and I like it, but I think the 4 or 5 I clicked off before she saw me were actually more interesting. I was just playing with the 85mm a bit, and autofocus is lightning fast, so I'm hoping for some better shots in the future.

This one's half a month old. I'm finally paying more attention to getting rid of clipping in my shots.

DSC_0237.jpg

Back