• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Discovered a new shooting location yesterday. This place is about as isolated as it gets - it's a mile off the nearest road at the end of a trail that winds through hills and valleys.

View attachment 183765
Nice one! Love the sunburst and the reflection! Just Drove through your neck of the woods yesterday on the way back from Yorkton. Some pretty amazing cloud formations all the way!!!

Here's one from a backcountry trip earlier in the year. I think I posted the landscape view earlier on in this thread, here's the upright:
29351147024_0e05438a1e_h.jpg It's the little things... by Pat n Kat, on Flickr

DSC_1515-PP.JPG

Just an eagle that didn't take flight as we were motoring down the Mississippi near Redwing MN. Unlike most of the pictures posted here it is really just a snapshot but I'm really happy with how it came out.

Wonder if this guy will leave me alone after Halloween's over.

"You... shall not... pass!"

DSC_9321.jpg

Those are great! The last one, with the ghoul on the ground is definitely the creepiest.

Craigslist.ca my friend. You can find an older crop camera and some nice lenses. Great way to get better shots over a phone. Lots of fun to be had looking for those shots.

I don't know what's going on in this barn, but I'm not going in there to find out.

My D5100 just rolled over 80k shutter actuations... it's rated to 100k. New camera imminent as soon as the money for it comes in... I need one for PSU reviews, so I'm not waiting for this one to croak even if I can likely replace the shutter myself. D800/D810, here I come.

DSC_9532.jpg

My D5100 just rolled over 80k shutter actuations... it's rated to 100k. New camera imminent as soon as the money for it comes in... I need one for PSU reviews, so I'm not waiting for this one to croak even if I can likely replace the shutter myself. D800/D810, here I come.

So that's what you're using for these magnificent shots? What lense would you recommend for say storm shots, far and close or for a all around lense to use that is affordable? Always looking around to see what setup I can put together for a decent price.

Back