• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice moon shots guys. I wanted to get out there too, but we've been completely covered up in clouds since Friday.

How about another moon shot? This one was tough... kept having to adjust the tripod to get the moon where I wanted it. Because I was using my 70-210, I also had to get well away from the truck which meant I was almost inside a very unsafe abandoned house.

DSC_1833.jpg

Tonight's sunset. Gonna need to get some of these with my actual camera soon. Took this with my Galaxy S4.

20150929_193234.jpg

Nice spider! I've always called them garden spiders but I can see where the zipper monniker comes from. We had one in the garden by our garage a few years ago. She left behind three egg cases about the size of a US nickel. I thought we'd see more the next year but I haven't seen one since.

Had a nice spider near my front door. One morning she was gone and there was a huge hole in the web where she usually laid. Bird must have nailed her while on the wing.

^^ birds have more bawls than I do........been slowly getting over a childhood case of arachnophobia, had it ever since bitten by a true black widow when I was 10.
Funny thing....i think tiny jumping spiders are cute......just not like this morning.....one crawled out from the keys of my razer blackwidow......how ironically fitting keyboard for a spider to crawl into.

My son and I (he's 32, 6'1", 290#) got home the other day. There was a smallish jumping spider on the door next to the key hole. He wouldn't go near it until I gently removed the spider :rofl:. I've been handling spiders since I was a toddler. :shrug:

tiny spiders im fine with, specially jumpers.....black widows....recluses, and ones with fangs over 1/16", i generally try and avoid >.>
you are in oregon, away from scorpions and other things that leave nice painful welts lol.

We've got scorpions. Not as many as in the Southern states, but they are here. We're spider heaven though.

Found a 1959 Bel Air while exploring yesterday. Wish I'd found it in better shape :(

DSC_2030.jpg

Lots of great pics guys! Just got back from working in Puerto Rico all last week. Spent an extra day there just to explore a little bit. I'm back on the road tomorrow, but I'll try to post more images when time permits. The cobblestones in Old San Juan are blue, which is different.

The Streets of Old San Juan
6D, EF 40mm, ISO 100, f/8. 1/320sec
IMG_2574.jpg

Last edited:
Back