• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And now, we have what I believe is a 1966 Rambler Classic 770 buried in a hill. This is north of town... there are better than 10 cars in various states of wreckage and burial in that valley. This one is probably the one in the best condition.

DSC_2729.jpg

My zoom is not long enough. Captured as cropped mode and still out of reach.
Blood Moon Oct 08, 2014
15322821189_f770056ddb_o.jpg
15323058998_1951cf047f_o.jpg
15509348522_20267efa36_o.jpg

a7 + FE 70-200 @ 135mm, f4, 1/250, ISO-100
15323042757_9f23417f6f_b.jpg

Taken earlier this evening, way later in the season than I have ever seen lightning happen around here.

It was really sheer luck I got this shot. Storms were very short lived today, and you had to be in the right place at the right time or you missed it all. I sat out there at the semi-ghost town of Robsart all evening waiting for storms, but when the rain started I decided to just head home figuring if any lightning happened, it would be between me and my house. Sure enough, I got 25km down the road and I saw flashes. Pulled over where the rain was least obnoxious, got the camera on the tripod real quick, and popped off one shot. This is that shot. Excuse the water on the lens... there was just no other way to get this shot.

Five minutes later I was getting hailed on and the lightning stopped.

To give you an idea how close this was, I was using my widest angle lens. Sounded like a bomb went off.

DSC_3171.jpg

Last edited:
This was my first attempt at Macro work with my Nikon. I have alot to learn as you can tell, still, not bad either. LOL

Nikon P100 | f/4 | 1/40sec | ISO-200 | Focal 13mm | Flash On
DSCN3072.jpg

Anybody up for some aurora? I went out to Reesor Lake in the Cypress Hills on the way back from Medicine Hat, AB, to shoot the sunset. Figured I should wait around until after dark to see what the northern lights were going to do. As it turns out, it was better here than any other place on the way back home.

DSC_3595.jpg

Back